44 devices are about to receive the latest Android 4.2.2-based AOKP release. The first milestone was just released a few months ago and custom ROM AOKP is about to get its second release, Milestone 2. The Android Open Kang Project ROM is now available for devices like the HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or Sony Xperia Z. The last of the device builds are compiled and being uploaded and they will become available through AOKPush and the AOKP website. You can download the Milestone 2 build from here. Sources say this is the last JB 4.2.2 based custom firmware released by AOKP as the Android 4.3 OS will be unveiled at the Google event on July 24.
Since the Milestone 1, various devices have been added:
- HTC One devices: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Intl.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 devices: Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 devices: AT&T, T-Mobile, Intl.
- Sony Xperia devices: T, V, Z, ZL, Tablet Z (2 versions).
According to our source, there are some mentionable new features like:
- AOKP Ribbon
- Permission management
- Dark AOKP
- mGerrit – check our latest changes anytime
- Persistence support – keep DPI/hosts settings between wipes
- Quick Torch on Lockscreen
- HDR mode in AOSP Camera (does not work on every device)
- Few new Toggles – StayAwake, Custom, Sleep, Reboot, etc.
- Superuser from Koush
AOKP’s first Milestone, the first stable build based on Jelly Bean, was released in April 2013. It came with nightly builds created automatically by the AOKP BuildBot every 4 days. At that time, user downloads of the Android Open Kang Project were exceeding 1,000,000, this being another milestone for the company. We’re happy it’s been going so well until now, AOKP being exceeded for now only by CM10.1 platform. Be sure to download it from the site above (it’s trustful) and let us know how things are working out for you and your smartphone.