Reports show that there are more than 1 billion devices which are powered by Snapdragon processors. Snapdragon is Qualcomm’s special design and the latest Snapdragon 810 chipset got lot of attention, but not necessary in a good way.
Rumors claimed that Snapdragon 810 is prone to overheating and as a result, the Korean manufacturer Samsung pulled out of using Snapdragon 810 for its Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge devices, choosing instead its own Exynos 7420 processor. This was only the beginning of its bad reputation.
However, you know that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset powers various flagships including the HTC One M9, Xperia Z3+, LG G Flex 2, as well as the most recent OnePlus 2 device and many claim that all the agitation was for nothing. “The rumours are rubbish,” officially declared Qualcomm vice president of marketing Tim McDonough. “There was not an overheating problem with the Snapdragon 810 in commercial device.”
The reality tells us something else. It’s obviously that for a casual user, the overheating is not a big concern but the story gets complicated for those who perform intensive activities such as gaming all the time. When it comes to OnePlus 2, there is a thermal gel added by the company in order to improve heat dissipation from the chip, but the problems HTC One M9, Xperia Z3+, and LG G Flex 2 are as real as they can be, so if you own one of these phones, it’s time to take action and find a way to solve the overheating issue caused by the Snapdragon 810 chip.
You can do that thanks to Trickster MOD Kernel Settings, but first of all, you have to root your device and have a kernel supporting underclocking and overclocking. No less important, make a backup of all your important data before you start the operation, to be prepared for any unfortunate situation that might occur and check that the battery of your Android device is indeed charged properly.
This site will not be responsible if it happens to damage or brick your device. This is your responsibility to assume, so do it at your own risk only.
Fix Overheating Issue on Android Devices with Snapdragon 810:
- Download and install Trickster MOD Kernel Settings from Google Play with the help of this link;
- Then, you have to open the app;
- Grant Superuser permission, so feel free to tap Info>General;
- Scroll down to ‘CPU frequency control’;
- Up next, just enter the minimum and maximum speed you want. Note that setting up wrong numbers can cause unexpected results;
- Tap ‘Governor status’ and select ‘ondemand’;
- Then, save the settings;
- In the end, you have to reboot your Android device;
- In the changelog you can find more about Trickster’s MOD Kernel Settings capabilities (it shows what is wrong with busybox, it updates all required libs, removes AndroidPIT, solves minfree inaccessible on L and the issue with donate feature activation method).
If you have any questions regarding this guide, then get in touch with me as soon as possible by using the contact form or the comments area.