Do you like to be informed regarding everything what’s happening around you, without getting exhausted by the amount of info? You already know that Android newsreading apps can simply become exhausting with their enormous amounts of content, but Yahoo News Digest app could be exactly what you are looking for.
Let me tell you the fact that this simple app delivers the top stories of the day to you in no less than two digests, once in the morning and once at night. Well, as you can guess, this is the only app that has such a special rhythm that mimics the way people once read the morning and afternoon newspapers.
Even more, you should know that despite its name, the app comes as a radical departure from Yahoo’s style that you might be used too. For the start, it seems that it leaves behind the idea of personalization in favor of strict curation – something that I personally love in this case.
The stories with photos, colorful quotes and videos and so on, are listed on the home page and it is only up to you to click on those you want to read further about and easily swipe through them all. You should also know that every single story is created from multiple sources to present the essential bits and pieces of information which are known as “atoms”. Atoms are key quotes, images, videos, maps, as well as Wikipedia excerpts ready to offer a unique context to the news.
How to Read the Top Stories of the day by Using Yahoo News Digest:
- From here you can take the app;
- Install it on your Android handset;
- The app presents stories in brief, pieces of text, punctuated by photos, maps, tweets, and other visual elements;
- Swiping to the right will immediately take you through the day’s stories;
- When you are done a whimsical animation changes the black-and-white background into a lime-green shade which lets you know that this was all.
Do leave me your feedback of the application. And don’t hesitate to keep visiting AndroidFlagship for more tips, tricks and tutorials from the Android world.
Do you want to find out more about other options before deciding which app is the best for you? Here you can find other interesting choices such as:
- Stay Updated with Recent News on Android;
- Learn how to Always be Informed with Android Newsbeat by reading and using this guide;
- Stay informed anywhere and anytime with Android Next News Lock Screen;
- Use this detailed tutorial and learn How to use Simply News App on Android devices.