Are you thinking of the new Xperia Z5, even though being the owner of an older Sony Xperia device? As you know, this handsetAndroid device comes with many new features, but you cannot have it all.
However, the flagship has a new camera 2.0 and even though you, as a Xperia Z1, Z2, Z3 or Z3C owner are still stuck on the old camera app, there is something to do about this aspect.
Team EXR and Team HS made it possible to port the new Xperia Z5 camera port Ver2 on other devices from the popular Xperia Z series. So, before getting to the actual procedure, note that the Camera 2.0 port found below is compatible with the following Sony models: I am talking about the Xperia Z1, Z1C, Z2, Z3, as well as Z3C devices only. Therefore, even if you probably want it so much, do not try it on any other device or variant or you risk bricking the handset that you own.
Then, another requirement is to have the TWRP recovery installed on your device and to be prepared for the worst by making sure you backup all your data. You never know when an accident might happen, so keep your data safe! Then, temporarily deactivate the antivirus protection which might interfere with the guide described below and verify that you have the device’s drivers installed on your PC in order to transfer the file to your phone’s storage with no problems.
And there’s one more aspect that you cannot skip! My advice is to fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process of porting the new Xperia Z5 Camera 2.0 to your Xperia handset might take longer than expected.
How to Port Exciting New Xperia Z5 Camera 2.0 to other Xperia Devices:
- First of all, download the Camera 2.0 port file by using this direct link;
- Plug in the USB cord;
- Transfer the file into your device’s internal storage;
- Then, turn off your Xperia device;
- You must reboot into TWRP, so press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery;
- If you also want to backup your ROM, tap on the backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS;
- Don’t forget to swipe to backup;
- Return to the TWRP main menu or home screen;
- Tap on the install option;
- Go to the Port file and select it right away;
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation;
- When the installation is completed, all you have to do is to reboot to system.
If you wanr even more from the Xperia Z5 experience, I have other guides for you too: