Samsung surprised us more than ever with its latest members of the S series. Samsung Galaxy S7 is on its way and it captured everyone’s attention, so don’t act so surprised to find out that the senior developer named Albe95 already managed to port the Samsung Galaxy S7 apps. At this point, there is nothing stopping you from installing them on your “old” Galaxy S6.
OK! I know that old doesn’t sound great, especially now that your Samsung Galaxy S6 has been updated to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, so you can also enjoy new features such as an amazing lock screen interface, new animations, unlocking effect, performance improvement and so on, but, correct me if I am wrong: I have a feeling that your mind is still running to the latest Galaxy S7.
After all, this is the hottest smartphone among Android enthusiasts even though it has not been launched worldwide at the moment. Stop torturing yourself and stop hiking about those times when everyone was talking about your S6 handset and take action. Here are some of the apps and features that can be ported to your devices and turn it close to the stunning Galaxy S7 device: S7 Galaxy Labs (Home unified + One Word Call unlocker), S7 Game Launcher, S7 Weather Widget (with those new 2×1 dimension support), S7 Wallpaper Picker, S7 Theme Store, as well as S7 Galaxy Apps and Widget, so here’s what you have to do.
Yes, you will need to be rooted and have the most recent TWRP already installed, but I don’t think that this is a problem. And the device should be on the official Android 6.0.1 update too as only the Theme Store is available for other versions, so make no confusion:
How to Install Galaxy S7 Apps and Features to Galaxy S6:
- These are the Apps and Features that are waiting for you. Remember that some of the apps are readily available to install while the other apps are in Zip format, so you can simply install them using the below steps:
S7 Galaxy Labs;
S7 Game Launcher;
S7 Weather Widget;
S7 Wallpaper Picker;
S7 Galaxy Apps and Widget;
S7 Theme Store: Download for 6.0.1 or for 5.1.1;
- Power off your device;
- Then, press and hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons together and release them as soon as you see the Galaxy logo on the screen;
- In TWRP menu, select Install which will take you to an inbuilt file manager;
- Select the zip file using the file manager;
- Once selecting the Zip, the recovery will ask for the confirmation;
- Just swipe to confirm the flash;
- You can flash all the apps you wish to install on your device in a similar way;
- Finally, just reboot the device.
That was all! Do you see that it wasn’t all at hard? You have successfully installed the Galaxy S7 ported apk on your S6 device and yes, you can stop worrying! Your device is not old and you are lucky to be the owner of such a handset.