It seems that Android enthusiasts had to wait a little longer to root the Snapdragon version of the Galaxy S8 even though rooting was possible for the Exynos variants, yet this isn’t available any longer. This guide will walk you through the steps of rooting the Galaxy S8 Snapdragon Variant because I know that you’ve dreamed of doing that for a long time.
Samsung Galaxy S8 is the best Android smartphone to buy for now, but there is no reason to deny it: rooting, custom ROMs, kernels will push up the device boundaries, making the handset truly special.
If you want to root your Snapdragon device, you will need a custom kernel with security features disabled. However, developer jesec has thought of that, so everything is possible now. Note that you have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock, found under the Developer options. Navigate to Settings > About Phone > Software Info, and tap “Build” 7 times until it notifies you that developer mode is enabled. After it’s enabled, go back to Settings > Developer Options and enable both USB Debugging and OEM Unlock. Even more, the process here presented will wipe your entire data, so make sure that before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
And there’s no kidding when it comes to the battery. Make sure that it is properly charged or s simply mistake like that could lead to a disaster.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 (Snapdragon Variant):
- For the start, download the Semi-stock kernel with the help of this link;
- Also grab the Magisk flashable zip;
- Transfer the zip files to your phone over an MTP connection;
- After that, select Install in the TWRP menu and select the kernel first;
- Tap on Add more zips and then, select Magisk;
- Swipe to start the flashing process;
- When completed, tap Reboot system and your now rooted device should reboot;
- After reboot, download and install the Magisk Manager apk.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S8 device! If you need any help with any of the steps above, simply drop a comment below.