Facebook is the largest social networking site on the Web today. Millions of people check into Facebook every single day and believe it or not, more and more are registering.
However, there are little things that are more than worthy of your attention, so don’t stop exploring what the app has to offer. For example, here I am to show you how to find people on Facebook.
Maybe there’s a person that you have in mind or your wish is to find classmates or work colleagues and the idea is that all these are possible.
Learn to Find people on Facebook:
- First of all, feel free to use the Search for Friends feature. For that, just open Facebook and tap on the icon of two silhouetted people that you’ll see in the upper right corner. When the drop down menu appears you’ll see the option to Find Friends appear just below where you clicked. Select it and you’ll be taken to a page that lists a number of people Facebook thinks you might know.
- Even more, on the right side of the page you’ll also find the Search for Friends section. This allows you not only to search for someone by using details such as name, but also include options for home towns, colleges, universities, employers and more. Don’t hesitate to fill in details relevant to the person you’re looking to find and you might get the right result in no time.
- You should also try to use your Facebook friends as a resource. All you have to do is to click on their Friends and scroll through their list of friends. This is a great way to find the person that you have in mind.
- You might be surprised to discover what you are looking for on Facebook’s own Suggestions. Use the Facebook Suggestions link and you won’t simply see potential friends and fan pages, but also an opportunity to search within your groups: college, high school, workplace, camps, etc.
- If you want, you can also search for former classmates on Facebook. You can either simply browse through a graduation year or choose to type in a specific name to get more narrowed results. You’ll also be given people from your alma mater if you include it in your own Facebook profile.
- The same thing goes for finding work colleagues on Facebook. If a person has ever been affiliated with a company and has put this affiliation on their Facebook profile, you will easily find it via the Facebook company search page. Just give it a try!
Do you know any other methods to achieve your goal of finding people on Facebook? Don’t keep them to yourself. After all, connecting with friends it’s the most important aspect.