Learn How to Enable YouTube PiP Mode
PiP mode, also known as Picture-in-Picture mode, is one of the most popular features in Android Oreo 8.0/8.1 packs. It is indeed a very useful feature that allows the user to multi-task. To be more precise, it lets users to play or use any app over any other app, on a floating window. It has become much better than split screen and things are no different with the Youtube app.
The PiP Mode on Youtube was initially introduced only for Youtube Red paid subscription users, which is available all over the world. But Youtube has also decided to release the free version of PiP mode for every user. The mode should come especially handy while watching YouTube videos and that’s just one way of seeing things. You need to try it out to see how useful it really is.
This mode however is currently available in the US. So, if you are from the US, you do not have to go through any extra settings in order to allow PiP Mode. You just have to enter the YouTube app and start using it.
Learn How to Enable YouTube PiP Mode:
- First of all, you need to update the Youtube app to the latest version from the Google Play Store;
- Launch it, and then tap on the profile icon at the top right corner;
- Select Settings from the window;
- You can see the Picture-in-Picture Mode option in General menu. You need to toggle on the feature;
- Return to the Youtube app home page and start watching videos;
- While watching, tap on the home button to get PiP Mode. Your Youtube playback window will shrink to a small floating widget, where you will be able to use the Youtube app in the background;
- You can also do several actions right from the floating widget. Double tapping it will take you back to the full-screen app.
So, that’s all you have to do. You have been successful to enable YouTube PIP mode, but don’t hesitate to ask for help in case of having any other questions.
As for those of you living outside in the US, you need a Youtube Red subscription to get Youtube PiP Mode. Here you can though get it for free too by using a good VPN from Google Play Store.