Flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow on T-Mobile LG G4
The official Android 6.0 Marshmallow images have been released to the Android Developer site and this means just one thing: every single Nexus owner has the chance to flash the appropriate version and enjoy the Marshmallow features. What about the rest of us? Can’t we have the same privilege?
If you own a T-Mobile LG G4, yes you can, as long as the LG G4 just received the Marshmallow OTA. In this case, it’s too early to be talking about an official release of the Android system, but you can enjoy a custom ROM based on the stock 20A firmware that is available exactly for the International model of this device that I have told you about, so don’t hesitate to continue reading and applying this procedure.
However, you cannot jump to the Android M flashing operation without following all the preparatory steps. So, to begin with, make a backup of your T-Mobile LG G4 data such as images, videos, audio files, apps and internet settings, contacts, call logs, texts messages, IMEI / NVRAM data, calendar info and not only, to be prepared for any case and also enable the USB Debugging before starting the installation process.
As you probably know, the USB Debugging can be found under Developer Options and if it’s not there, then enable it by going to Settings> About Device> find Build Number and tap on it no less than 7 times. Up next, you have to go back to Settings, open Developer Options and then enable USB Debugging.
Even more, a custom Recovery must be installed on your T-Mobile LG G4 – you are dealing with a custom ROM and not with an official firmware; it can be the usual CWM or TWRP, as well as any other choice that you might have in mind, but the installed custom Recovery has to be updated to its latest version; then, verify the device’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 60%, as this prevents it from powering down during installation.
And you know that by using this tutorial you will lose the warranty of your smartphone as root access is required in order to install this ported Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. However, this problem can be solved by applying the steps from this guide: How to Restore the Warranty on your Android device.
How to Flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your T-Mobile LG G4:
- From here you can download the Android 6.0 firmware file;
- Also get the patch package by using this link;
- Save both files on the desktop of your computer;
- Then, establish a connection between the smartphone and your computer;
- It’s time to transfer the downloaded files on your T-Mobile LG G4;
- Unplug the USB cable;
- Turn off your device;
- Reboot recovery on your LG G4;
- From recovery, you have to select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”;
- Up next, go back to main menu of recovery and select the “install” option;
- Then, you have to load the update file and the patch package;
- Resume the flashing process;
- Have patience while your T-Mobile LG G4 is installed with stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS;
- When done, just select “reboot system now” from the main recovery.
Don’t forget to let me know what you think of the new operating system version.