Pixel 3 XL: Set Battery Saver to Turn On Automatically
Google’s Pixel devices often come so close to being the perfect Android phones, yet there’s a problem that still needs to be fixed. I am not talking about the camera performance, we all know that! Android Pie is no disappointment either since it’s both clean and fast. As for the high quality design and build, these are all guaranteed when buying such a device.
Their battery life is though still far from what we call a class leading one on your Pixel 3 XL. I would rather call it mediocre, especially when compared to other Android phones in the same price range. You don’t really like things, right? Companies like Huawei are stuffing huge batteries into phones that last so much longer and Samsung is also doing a better job with its latest devices, but you cannot have it all. The sooner you accept that, the better!
To stretch power when your phone’s battery gets low, you can set the Battery Saver to turn on automatically. When active, Battery Saver does wonders. It normally stops apps from refreshing content until you open them or the use of location services when the display is off. It also delays some notifications and prevents apps from doing things in the background.
How to Set Battery Saver to Turn On Automatically:
- First of all, from a Home screen, touch and swipe up to display all apps;
- Navigate to the Settings app icon > Battery icon;
- Then, you need to tap Battery Saver;
- If you want to set it up to switch on automatically when it hits 5 per cent or 15 per cent, you can do so here;
- Now, with the battery saver on, at the top of your screen, you’ll see the Battery saver icon so you’ll know that it’s there. Don’t you feel much better this way? I know that I do.
Just note that Battery saver turns off while your Pixel 3 XL phone is charging. Anyway, it always turns back on when you unplug your phone. Don’t say that you have not been warned about that!