Turn Off Quick Add on your Snapchat Account
Snapchat has introduced Snapcodes, giving its audience a new and interesting way to browse the web. This is basically a quick method to add friends on Snapchat and it later expanded snapcodes to work for websites as well. Snapcodes are Snapchat branded QR codes that seem to be so much easier to use than your username when it comes to adding you on Snapchat, but even if the feature is quite popular, you can also add friends on Snapchat via the Quick Add method.
Quick Add on Snapchat is like Facebook suggesting you to add your friends of friends, but this clearly means that you also appear as a suggested friend to other people. If you’d like to turn off quick add on Snapchat and your wish is toprevent other people from seeing you appear as a suggested friend, be sure that you can do it.
If you follow the below steps, then friends of your friends will not see your account appear as a suggested friend to add on Snapchat. However, I want to be clar that this doesn’t mean that everything you post to Snapchat will be restricted to your friends. And worry now; this setting will not affect the visibility of anything else that you post on Snapchat, so here’s what you must do:
Learn How to Turn Off Quick Add on your Snapchat Account:
- First of all, you have to open Snapchat;
- Then, you need to tap the image/thumbnail at the top left. This switches between your Bitmoji avatar, and the latest photograph that you posted to your Snapchat story;
- On your profile screen, tap the cog wheel button – this one is found at the top and as you see, this action will take you to your settings;
- Then, on the Settings screen, scroll down to the Who Can section;
- You must now tap on See Me in Quick Add;
- On the Quick Add screen, all you have to do is to turn the Show me in Quick Add option off. Problem solved!