Install Android 6.0 Beta on your UK Galaxy S6 Edge
Have you heard that Samsung is working on the Android 6.0 version and is testing it on its recent flagships? In fact, you actually have a chance to install Android 6.0 beta on your Galaxy S6 Edge and I know that the idea sounds more than tempting.
However, this is something offered by Samsung in UK, when it started the Beta program which will be bringing Android 6.0 Marshmallow to the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge. If you want to use this on your device and you want to contribute by giving your user feedback to Samsung, then this guide is perfect for you!
Don’t make any confusion – this is something that you must be aware of from the start, so make sure that your phone’s model number is SM-G925F. Check this in the Settings » About device menu and verify that you’re using an unlocked version of the phone as well.
The battery percent of your Galaxy S6 Edge should be at least 60%, so that the device won’t get turned off during the flashing process and even though is unlikely to lose something while flashing an official Android update provided by Samsung, my advice is to backup everything including SMS, Call Logs, IMEI / NVRAM data, pictures, videos and other stuff that is important for you.
The update is stable enough for a daily use – it seems that everything is working quite smoothly, so you have nothing to worry about. However, you should understand from the start that Samsung is choosing the users who can get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow system, so you might not be able to receive the ROM even after completing all the steps from below.
How to Install Android 6.0 beta on your Galaxy S6 Edge:
- First of all, check if your phone’s current firmware has the BTU product code with the help of this app; you must open it, swipe to the Firmware tab, then check out the Product Code. The Product Code should have BTU mentioned after the phone’s model number;
- After the confirmation, download the Galaxy Care APK that can be found here;
- Transfer it to your Galaxy S6 Edge phone;
- Install it manually right away;
- Then, waste no more time and launch it;
- Agree to the legal terms on the welcome screen;
- Tap on Next in order to get to the main screen;
- Swipe until you see the “Participate Galaxy Beta Program” message displayed;
- Up next, tap on Join;
- Then, press the REGISTRATION button at the bottom. You must also agree to the license terms and you will be given the option to download the Android 6.0 beta firmware sometime if Samsung selects you for the beta!
As Samsung notes, it could take up to no less than 24 hr. for that to happen. Only after that you will be in the position to know if your device is getting the Android 6.0 firmware OTA or not.
That was all you had to do. Let me know if you run into any issues by leaving a comment below or in the contact form!