Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Concept ROM on Sony Xperia Z3
Have you heard that the most recent Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow concept ROM is now available for Sony Xperia Z3 too? Starting from Android Lollipop, Sony has started releasing concept Android ROM for select Xperia Z devices for testing out latest Android OS versions and now it’s time for the latest concept Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and your Xperia Z3.
As you can see, this guide will help you install Sony’s Concept ROM on your Xperia Z3 phone, but be sure that this is what you truly want. I know that you probably want to test Marshmallow on your phone for a while, but are you aware of the fact that Sony’s concept builds aren’t the final builds, so they might have a few bugs?
Even more, concept ROM brings near stock Android (ASOP) UI to Xperia Z3, along with some of Sony’s most popular features and apps. However, the changes are minor as Sony tried to keep things as simple as possible. Aren’t these a problem? Then, this guide is for you, so keep on reading.
The operation doesn’t require root access on the phone, but you must back up your data and properly charge the Sony Xperia Z3 handset to avoid any unpleasant surprise. Even more, make sure you have the latest device drivers setup on your computer or laptop in order to transfer the files to your device’s internal storage.
Note that the firmware comes with a .ftf file extension and requires a special Sony Flashtool to upgrade. However, these sholdn’t turn into a problem as long as all the links are provided in the detailed procedure; all you have to do is to follow the steps exactly as being described below, not to mix or skip them and you will have it in no time.
How to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Concept ROM on Sony Xperia Z3:
- For the start, you have to download and install Flashtool from here;
- Then, go to its location and install Flashmode and Fastboot drivers that can be taken from here as well;
- It’s time to download and move the D6603_2157_Concept_6.ftf to the location of Flashtool; use this direct link for that;
- Up next, it’s time to open Flashtool;
- Click on Flash device->Flashmode and the D6603_2157_Concept_6.ftf should now appear on the list;
- Check Wipe APPS_LOG and USERDATA;
- Next, select Flash and follow the instructions. If it asks to use a script, select No.sony xperia z3 concept installation;
- Once installation completes, boot the Sony phone normally;
- At this point, you should be on Concept version 2157;
- In order to update, go to Settings->About device-> Software update;
- You should have an update available, so apply it;
- Your Sony device will reboot and install the update;
- Note that this is not all that you have to do in this case, but you might have to repeat this step until you don’t have any more updates.
If you have already followed the steps of this procedure, let me know how the performance of the ROM is. Are there any bugs that annoy you? Do you like the changes?