Prevent Galaxy S7 from Automatically Connecting to Untrusted Wi-Fi Networks
You know how things are with the latest Android smartphones. They usually connect to a Wi-Fi network that’s requesting our mobile number so that we can enjoy a 30-minute free browsing session, but this must not necessary be what you have in mind.
However, you should know that Samsung has added a new feature on its latest smartphones and this is also available for your Galaxy S7 Edge. The handset enables users to prevent their handsets from automatically connecting to shady Wi-Fi hotspots and, instead, stick only to trusted ones that have been used and approved in the past.
Prevent Galaxy S7 from Automatically Connecting to Untrusted Wi-Fi Networks:
- First of all, you have to enter into your Galaxy S7 Settings;
- While there, don’t hesitate to tap on Data Usage;
- Up next, tap on More;
- Select Restrict Networks;
- You will immediately see a list of all recognized Wi-Fi networks that you’ve used up to this point;
- Do not hesitate to choose the ones you’d like to automatically connect to in the future. All the other networks will be disregarded.
So, up to this point, you will see the fact that your Galaxy S7 phone isn’t connecting to any unlocked Wi-Fi network it’s in proximity of, as you have wanted from the start.
There are much more guides to enjoy:
- You can learn How to Disable Multi Window on Galaxy S7. Despite of the fact that Samsung has decided to remove the settings to disable this feature, you can still do that by using an app known as MultiWindow Toggle for Samsung;
- How to Fix Slow to Wake Response on Samsung Galaxy S7 with the help of this link;
- Customize the Android home screen with the help of 150 Custom Fonts on Samsung Galaxy S7;
- Do not hesitate to Configure the Mobile Hotspot on your Galaxy S7, but keep something in mind: the Wi-Fi tethering will drain your Galaxy phone battery really fast. For that, use these steps;
- How to Make your Galaxy S7 Home Button Touch-Responsive with the help of a special application known as Simple Control. And if you want even more, then there is also a pro version to take in consideration and for no more than $1.69, you have even more advantages.