Learn to Install Official Android Oreo-based Oxygen OS 5.0 on OnePlus 3T
OnePlus was not impressive at this chapter, yet the company made some major changes to overcome the issues with their software updates. At this point, the truth is that not many phones are rocking Android Oreo and that includes big names from the market, yet it isn’t the case for the OnePlus 3T handset.
OnePlus 3T users have already experienced the Android 8.0 Oreo update before as part of the company’s closed beta programme, but I am talking about a different situation this time. You can now install the official Android Oreo-based Oxygen OS 5.0 on your OnePlus 3T and the best part is that the incremental rollout of OxygenOS 5.0 for the OnePlus 3T has already started.
A broader rollout of Oreo update can be expected in a few days too, yet not all of you feel comfortable with the idea of waiting. If you are one of them, the procedure here described is perfect for you.
Note that the below operation can be applied on phones running the previous stable OOS 4.5.1 or current Open Beta (Open Beta 27/18).
Learn to Install Official Android Oreo-based Oxygen OS 5.0 on OnePlus 3T:
- The first thing that you must do is to download the OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_060_all_1711160447_d36ec5aab3.zip;
- Now, you have to transfer the file to your device’s internal storage;
- At this point, you have to find your way into Settings > System updates;
- While there, tap on the 3-dot overflow button on the top-right;
- Select Local upgrade; at this point, the firmware package you placed in the root of your device’s internal storage will be detected automatically;
- It’s time to tap Upgrade now on the pop-up dialog and be sure of the fact that the update process will start.