Install Android 8.1 Oreo-based OmniROM 8.1 on OnePlus 5T
With the latest design standards and powerful hardware, OnePlus 5T managed to stand against any other OEM flagship and people loved it. This device is amazing, but the truth is that one major downside of the OnePlus 5T was that it shipped with Android Nougat and not with the Oreo version. Yes, the device that you love is still stuck with Android Nougat-based OxygenOS, officially and there is still some time before the OEM introduces Android Oreo for the device.
But if you’re interested in getting Android 8.1 on your 5T, I am glad to tell you that you can learn how to Install Android 8.1 Oreo-based OmniROM 8.1 on OnePlus 5T. OmniROM is one of the more popular Android ROMs available, so waste no more time. If you want to experience Android Oreo, then follow the steps below to install OmniROM on OnePlus 5T, along with these preparatory steps:
- You need to have an Unlocked bootloader on your phone;
- Remember that the 5T has marked itself to be the fastest Android device to receive support for TWR, so you won’t have any sort of problem when it comes to the fact that the TWRP recovery must be installed on your OnePlus 5;
- Installing the ROM will wipe all data from your handset, so make sure to take a complete backup of your phone before you move ahead;
- You have to charge your OnePlus 5T device to at least 50-60% battery level.
You should better make sure to fulfill all the requirements before you install OmniROM on OnePlus 5T. Just keep in mind that you are flashing at your own risk, so make sure you know what you’re doing.
Learn to Install Android 8.1 Oreo-based OmniROM 8.1 on OnePlus 5T:
- Grab the OmniROM 8.1 for OnePlus 5T, as well as GApps for LineageOS 15.1;
- You must now switch off your OnePlus 5T;
- As you probably guess, it’s time to reboot your smartphone into TWRP recover, so press Power + Volume Down button for a few seconds;
- You must now wipe the data on your OnePlus 5T completely from the Wipe section;
- Once you have wiped all the data from your smartphone, you must go back to the TWRP main screen;
- Tap on the Install tab;
- Then, navigate to the storage where you have transferred the files earlier;
- You must select the OmniROM 8.1 ROM which was transferred to the smartphone and swipe to flash the zip file;
- Once the file is selected, tap on the Add more Zips button and select the GApps zip;
- After this, wipe cache and reboot your OnePlus 5T to the system;
- At the end, you will see that your smartphone finally running the latest version of Android which is Android 8.1 Oreo on top of OmniROM 8.1 along with all the Google Apps installed.
If you have any questions regarding the installation process, you can simply ask me by commenting below.