How to Apply a Custom Ringtone to a Specific Contact
So, don’t you like those boring, pretty old and ordinary sounds that came with your new Android phone? No problem, there are plenty of options to choose from. Once you get the taste of it, you simply end up wanting more and more. For example, many of you claim that you would love to know who’s calling before actually pick up the phone and the best way to achieve that is with custom ringtones for specific callers.
That way, when your handset starts ringing “With a Little Help from My Friends” you know that your old buddy is calling you; or when it’s “When a Man Loves a Woman” you know that your wife is the one looking for you, so you should better not miss this call. It’s for your own good, trust me on that.
I can also assure you that setting custom ringtones in Android is a pretty simple process, so let’s jump straight to the procedure. I am sure that you have plenty of inspiration for choosing the best ringtones for the ones that you love or not (just kidding), so here’s what you have to do:
How to Apply a Custom Ringtone to a Specific Contact:
- At first, you have to open Contacts;
- Up next, you must tap the contact you wish to set a custom ringtone for;
- Then, you must tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner;
- Now, it’s time to look for an option that says Set ringtone; that’s the one we’re looking for, so tap it;
- This will open the Ringtones menu, where you can choose whichever tone you’d like for that contact. Select the custom ringtone that you had in mind from the start and move on to the next step;
- Then, don’t forget to tap Save or OK since I am sure that you want to keep these changes. I bet that you can’t wait for the next call you get from that contact!