How to Setup Hotmail on Galaxy S9
Hotmail has been a popular email service for quite a few years and believe it or not, it has around millions of users all around the world. There are quite a few advantages of using Hotmail over Gmail.
Exchange ActiveSync SupportP is a major bonus, Hotmail syncs together all major social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, personal folders let you group emails by type so that you can search related emails up quickly when you need to and there are fewer ads to worry about.
These are only a few examples, so you must learn how to setup Hotmail on Galaxy S9. The process is far from being complicated, especially if you want to keep your phone organized all the time. You will basically have to use the pre-installed Email app and then, the process is just as easy as setting up Live or Outlook accounts.
To be more precise, these are the steps that you need to follow in order to set up your Hotmail account:
How to Setup Hotmail on your Galaxy S9:
- Launch the Email app;
- Select the option labeled “Add New Account”;
- Enter your Hotmail email address and the password;
- Hit the Sign in button;
- You will also have to create an app password and type it before you can access your account from the smartphone’s app if you have a 2-step verification process in place;
- Wait for the Email app to configure the Exchange server settings for you automatically;
- Now, you can add a new account, so return to the Email app;
- Click on the More menu;
- Now, tap on Settings;
- Select Add account;
- Tap on the Add New Account option;
- Enter the new Hotmail email address and the password for the new account;
- Press in the Sign in button;
- Then, you have to wait for an app to configure its settings. Make sure that you provide the password for your app if ever you have the two steps implemented in the verification process.
Your Email app will automatically configure the Exchange server settings and after all these, you can use the new Hotmail email account on your Samsung Galaxy S9.
May I just say what a comfort to find someone who really understands what they’re discussing over the internet. You certainly know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you’re not more popular because you surely have the gift.