How to Control Music on your Galaxy Edge device
Do you know that you can get even more from your Galaxy Edge thanks to the Marshmallow update? I am talking about various new panels introduced in the Marshmallow update such as Favourite Apps or Contacts, the support for third party Edge panels or the fact that here is even a special edge panel that will let you control your Music.
The story gets even better thanks to an Xda developer known as hymxdev. In case of not knowing, let me tell you that he has developed an Edge panel that you can use in order to control your music from your edge screen, but note that this application will only work Samsung Galaxy devices that have Edge support.
For the moment, the list includes Galaxy S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, S7 Edge, as well as Samsung’s popular Galaxy Note 5, but only if you have enabled the Edge screen features on it. If you are the owner of one of these models, then be sure that you can enjoy multiple music controls such as Next track, Play/Pause, Previous track and not only.
How to Control Music on your Galaxy Edge Handset:
- Download the Edge_Player_1_1_1.apk with the help of this direct link;
- Install it on your device;
- Open the Edge Overview panel;
- Up next, you have to click the pen in order to open the configuration page for the panel;
- Then, click the “Change Notification Permission” button;
- Don’t hesitate to allow “Edge Player”. This is where you will start to control your music using this edge panel;
- Go back to the edge panel settings by pressing the back key;
- The checkbox “Notification Access” should be checked;
- Enable this panel;
- Close the Edge panel settings;
- Start your music player and play some music;
- Swipe on the edge screen to bring up the Edge Player panel and control your music.
As for those of you who own the latest Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge smartphones, do not hesitate to get the best out of your amazing device:
- Learn to Change DPI on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Smartphones;
- I know that the app drawer confuses the users, so use this guide on how to Remove App Drawer on Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge.
Don’t you own one of these handsets? Here’s what you can do for getting a closer Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge experience:
- Install Galaxy S7 Edge Ported ROM on your Galaxy S6;
- You can also Enjoy the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Scrolling Screenshot Feature on any Android Phone with the help of this tutorial. You can do that by using Stitch & Share which is a great Android app, so give it a try;
- How to Convert Galaxy S6 Edge into S7 Edge with Sixperiance ROM;
- Do you want to Get Galaxy’s S7 Edge Features and Apps on your Galaxy S6? The idea sounds great and it is possible thanks to the XDA contributor geiti94 and this detailed guide. Just follow the provided steps and you will see how simple it can be!