Share WiFi Password as QR code on Android
If your friends want to get on your Wi-Fi, I totally get you if you hate the idea of having to share your password. Dictating the password to each of them with the caps lock and special character can be annoying, not to mention the privacy issue involved in that. You can though solve the problem by generating a QR code containing your network password and have them log on in one snap.
There are plenty of sites out there that let you create QR codes for Wi-Fi passwords, such as QRStuff’s code generator and ZXing Project’s QR Code Generator. Just head to one of those, pick the Wifi network option, then enter in your SSID (network name) and password. Make sure you choose the right encryption type, too. Once you click the Generate button, you’ll probably get a QR code you can save and print out if you like.
A recognized developer at XDA has though made things a lot easier since he has developed this great app named as WiFI QR code creator. Even if it needs root permission to access your saved Wifi information and generate a QR based on it which can be later used to connect to the WiFi, I love it since it works flawless and hey, rooting is not the end of the world.
Learn to Share WiFi Password as QR code on your Android Phone:
- Take WiFI QR code creator right away;
- Once you have downloaded the app, open it;
- The app will ask you for the permissions to install an APK. In some phones, you will have to manually give permission to download and install apps from external sources. Go to Security Settings on your Android phone and there, enable Download and Install APK from External Sources;
- Once installed, as I have told you, the app will require root access as it has to access saved Wifi passwords;
- Now you can generate and share WIFI password as QR code.
That is all. I hope you liked this app. Got a tip about a similar app to share? Post it over at our comments area.