Learn to Hide WhatsApp Images from Gallery in Android
Even if it is so popular, WhatsApp still has a few problems. Like it or not, one of these is how it handles media files. Well, whenever you download an image or a video in WhatsApp, it automatically gets itself indexed in the file manager and then, it shows up in the Gallery.
I bet that you also share lots of Data through WhatsApp individual and group chat and sometimes, this includes confidential info.
Don’t want others to see your WhatsApp photos that automatically gets saved in the photo gallery of your Android handset? I totally get you. If you want to have some privacy, you can handle things in a different way. So, this guide is perfect for all those cases when it becomes necessary to hide WhatsApp images from the gallery.
Here’s what you have to do, so let me once again be your guide:
Learn to Hide WhatsApp Images from Gallery in Android:
- First of all, you have to download a simple file explorer such as ES File Manager or MK File Manager. If you already have one, then ismply ignore this step and move ahead to the next one;
- Open your File Manager app;
- Then, open your WhatsApp Folder. It can be in your SD card if you have it installed, or even in your handset’s internal storage;
- Click the Media, inside the WhatsApp folder;
- Then, go to the WhatsApp images folder;
- At this point, you will see an ‘+’ icon with the New label below it at the bottom left of your display;
- Up next, click on File option;
- Name the file .nomedia;
- At this point, you can head to the default Gallery app of your smartphone, and you cannot see your WhatsApp images there;
- To view them again in your Gallery, you must go to the WhatsApp images, and delete the .nomedia file which is in there. Well, this will make your WhatsApp images reappear in your phone gallery. However, if they don’t, you should better clean the cache and then, reboot your phone if required.