Easily Change Notification Tones in Facebook Messenger
It was always frustrating for me to be in a crowd, hear the Messenger sound go off on my device and look at the screen just to realize that it was someone else’s phone. And something tells me that I am not the one saying it. Has this happened to you too? How often? Then, you know the frustration that comes along with it!
You should better do something instead of letting such frustrations rule over your busy life. My advice for you today is to find no excuse for not immediately changing the Notification Tones in Facebook Messenger. As a tech enthusiast, I always enjoy trying out new things and this little tip definitely works and made my days so much brighter!
If you use Facebook Messenger Lite, I must though warn you from the very beginning that there is no way to change the tone in this case. Sorry, guys! Here you can set your phone to vibrate only without sound or to use the notification LED only, but that’s pretty much all that you can do.
And like it or not, there are no customized notifications for individual chats and groups in either Facebook Messenger just as Facebook Messenger doesn’t let you use your own custom sounds. But their options list is quite generous, so don’t be upset about it!
Easily Change Notification Tones in Facebook Messenger:
- To get started, open up the Messenger app on your handset. I am obviously talking about the blue chat bubble icon with a white lightning bolt in the app drawer, so you know what you have to do;
- Now, you can tap on your profile picture;
- Select Notification tone;
- Now, just select a pre-selection ring tone that you like better. Don’t worry; as you tap through the sounds in the list, you’ll hear a preview so choosing isn’t at all a hard thing to do this time;
- Tap OK when you are ready to save your selection. Up to this point, when you receive notifications in Facebook Messenger, your Android will make this sound.