Turn your Songs into Ringtones on Android
Are you really happy with your default notification tones or ringtones on your device? Don’t you want to create your own? Ringtones are one of the easiest ways of personalizing your Android and with a little help, anyone can turn a song they enjoy into a ringtone for their device. Yes, you can easily turn a song into a ringtone, you can choose the exact part you want and it won’t cost you a thing.
While you can convert songs to ringtones in iTunes for $0.99, you can do it for free on Android if you use the Ringdroid app. After downloading and installing it on your device, the process is simple and you can find the detailed procedure below.
To turn a song into a ringtone, note that you must have the audio files or music you wish to use on your smartphone’s internal storage or its microSD card. The Ringdroid app is compatible with MP3, WAV, AAC and AMR audio files, so I am sure that you won’t experience any sort of problems.
And I can assure you that the process of setting a song as a ringtone doesn’t require any great technical skill, so you can be a newbie and still follow the below steps:
Turn your Songs into Ringtones on Android:
- At first, grab the Ringdroid app on your smartphone;
- Install it;
- Open the app;
- You’ll now see a list of all the songs on your device, as well as all the ringtones that came with the phone. To view all the sounds on your device specifically, hit the More icon in the top-right corner;
- Choose Show all audio;
- Select the song you would like to use as a ringtone from the list;
- Now, just let Ringdroid load it;
- At one point, its waveform will open up in the editor, so feel free to use the two sliders above and below the graph to choose a start and end point for the ringtone;
- Now, you can save the sound clip by pressing the floppy disk icon. You can rename it if you want to, and specify which type of alert you want to use it for;
- All your ringtones that you create will be stored in the app’s main overview. If you have too many stored search through them with the magnifying glass icon;
- To set the ringtone for your entire phone, enter into Settings > Sound > Phone Ringtone. If you want to set it for a specific contact, just open up that contact in the Contacts app, tap the Menu button, choose Options, and then, simply tap Ringtone.
Need any extra help? Let me know in the comments!