Flash Pre-Rooted Stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS 14.6.A.0.368 on Xperia Z Ultra
The long-waited Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS 14.6.A.0.368 software has finally arrived for your Sony Xperia Z Ultra as well. Are you tired of waiting for the notification to appear? Are you aware of the fact that you can only receive the notification if you are already on a stock firmware and only if your phone isn’t rooted?
If any of these two situations are a problem, then I can only advice you to follow the steps from this tutorial and flash the Pre-Rooted Stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS 14.6.A.0.368 software on your Xperia Z Ultra right away.
Well, let me tell you from the very beginning the fact that the pre-rooted OS about which I am talking has been developed by none other than those of xda-developers, being nothing else than the stock Android 14.6.A.0.368 Lollipop 5.1.1 OS modified into a .zip file from a .ftf package and made compatible with the Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
Even more, root has been added and also understand that the proper system, once flashed, will remove the US carrier brand from your Sony Zperia Z Ultra phone.
The preparatory steps are an important part of the procedure, so prepare the original USB cord, as well as the PC for the next steps: temporarily turn off the antivirus protection from your computer (or else you might be interrupted while you try to download the update package); then, you have to enable Developer Options on your phone as USB debugging must also be checked (tap several times on Built Number and then access Menu – Settings – Developer options).
Backing up your data is a must if you want to continue using the videos, images, saved passwords, call logs, texts, apps, calendar info, contacts, internet settings, IMEI / NVRAM data and so on. Don’t say that I have not warned you about that! Then, plug in the charger as you can easily brick your phone – if it gets turned off in the middle of the operation.
No less important, note that this 14.6.A.0.368 pre rooted ROM is compatible only with the US version of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, so don’t apply it on any other Android device that you might own and use.
Flash Pre-Rooted Stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS 14.6.A.0.368 software on your Xperia Z Ultra:
- From here you have to take the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS 14.6.A.0.368 software directly on your computer;
- Don’t unzip the file;
- Connect your Z Ultra with thecomputer by using the USB cord;
- Transfer the downloaded file on your phone;
- Remove the cord only after the transfer has been successful;
- Turn off your smartphone;
- After that, you have reboot it into recovery mode;
- From recovery, first of all you have to wipe data and clear cache; so select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition” and by “wipe dalvik cache”;
- Return to the main menu of recovery;
- It’s time to select “install zip from SD card”;
- Pick the Lollipop firmware file and resume the update process;
- When done, simply select “reboot system now” to make sure that all the changes will remain.
Has everyting went according to the plan? Keep in mind that I am here to help you, so share any of your problems or questions in the comments area or by using the contact form.