Download OxygenOS Open Beta 3 on the OnePlus 6T Device
Do you know that OnePlus has released two new beta builds for the OnePlus 6 and 6T? The company has been constantly providing new beta updates and this time around, OnePlus 6 has received OxygenOS Beta 11 and OnePlus 6T has received Open Beta 3. The highlight of this update is the inclusion of the January 2019 security patch as well as deeper Google Duo integration in the Phone app. The file manager of your 6T is getting better optimization UI for unlocking the lockbox.
And this time around Oneplus is making more optimizations for the weather widget too with more search options been added to bring out better search results.
Since you want these so badly on your OnePlus 6T, this guide is more likely handy. However, before you proceed with the installation, there are a few things to note:
- First, as this is a beta, you’re bound to encounter glitches and crashes, and Google Pay integration is broken. If you rely on the service a lot, you’re better off waiting for other future beta builds;
- Ensure to completely charge your phone’s battery to avoid interruption during the update process.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
I will not be responsible for any bricking of your device while/after flashing this update. Don’t say that you didn’t know that!
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 3 on the OnePlus 6T Device:
- Take OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 6T;
- Transfer the file to the root storage of your phone. You need to make sure to put it in the root directory, otherwise, the phone will not recognize the file;
- Select System;
- Tap System updates;
- Hit the gear icon located in the top right corner;
- Choose Local upgrade;
- The build that you placed in the root directory should be listed here. Browse and select the OTA zip file you copied in the first step;
- The installation takes about five to ten minutes, after which you’ll be able to enjoy your device running the latest Beta program with the January patch.
Found this guide helpful? Then, just share it to the world.