How to Change App Shortcuts on the S7 Edge Lock Screen
Many Android phones these days let you pin favorite applications to your lock screen for easy access. Generally, you just have to drag outwards from these icons to launch right into one of five frequently-used apps. Out of the box you’ll find some of manufacturer’s own apps occupying the front seat, so what if you want to change them? That’s why I am here for.
I bet that you have your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge all set up, but you are still wondering if there is a way to swap those phone and camera shortcuts on the lockscreen with a shortcut to other apps. Yes, you can clearly do that. It’s been an option on all Samsung devices in recent years and yours makes no exception, I can assure you of that.
In fact, I think that it makes a lot of sense too. Well, the camera can always be launched with a double press of the Power button (unless you live in India), and the phone app isn’t exactly your priority every single day. Facebook or that new coffee addiction manager app you are trying on might though be, so what are you still doing here?
Here’s how you can change the app shortcuts on the lockscreen on your Galaxy S7 Edge device:
How to Change App Shortcuts on the S7 Edge Lock Screen:
- The first step of the procedure is to enter into your phone’s Settings;
- Tap on Lock screen and security under the Personal section;
- Next, you have to select Info and app shortcuts;
- Then, just tap on App shortcuts;
- A preview image of your current lock screen setup will appear at the top, with the respective app icons in each lower-corner of the device’s screen. Select left or right shortcut;
- Up next, just pick the app you’d like to have a shortcut to on the following screen;
- Alternatively, at the top of each shortcut’s page, you can turn the respective shortcut off.
That was all you had to do! Let me know if you need extra help!