How to Record Calls Automatically on your OnePlus 6
Have you ever heard this message when you called customer service: “Your call may be recorded for quality and training purposes?” It’s likely they are notifying you that you are being recorded because that’s the law in that location. You should theoretically be able to record calls as well on your Android device. Yes, note that laws in your region may be against that.
Google is considering adding Call Recording APIs in a future Android version or at least rumors has it so. The idea is that it’s too late for the feature to be added to Android Q, but we may see an official API in Android R or future versions and that’s still good news, right?
This means that call recording apps will continue not to work without root until 2020 at the earliest, but you don’t even need such an app for your OnePlus 6 handset. All OnePlus devices are sent from the factory with the ability to record calls and yours is no exception to that. You just need to know where to look:
How to Record Calls Automatically on your OnePlus 6:
- At first, just open your Phone or dialer app;
- You must click on the triple dot menu on the top right to access dialer settings;
- While in Settings, you have to tap Call Record;
- Once you tap on the Call Record option, you will see another option that says Call Record, but with a toggle button next to it. It’s time to tap on that toggle button;
- After that, you will see more options related to call recording. To record calls automatically on OnePlus 6, tap on the toggle button next to the Calls auto-recording option.
Up to this point, calls from all the numbers will be recorded automatically. If your wish is to record calls automatically – calls that are from your favorite contacts or from specific numbers, then there’s a solution. Just feel free to tap on Auto-recording range. Up next, select the Favorite contacts or Specify number option based on your needs.