Latest ClockworkMod Recovery for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 with Loki
Do you want to install the latest CWM Recovery on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 handset? We want to tell you from the start the fact that this operation can be applied by anyone who is interested, of course being the owner of this device, but you shouldn’t understand that as an encouragement for you to do so. Be aware from the start that you are going to remain the only one that can be held responsible for anything that might happen during this procedure, so you should continue only if you are sure that you know what you are doing. And don’t leave aside that this tutorial is only meant for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 users with the bootloader version I545VRUAMDK.
Review the risks:
- First of all, you need to understand that the procedures that can be found on this page might void the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy S4 device; be sure that you are prepared for such a thing;
- Remember that this tutorial is not compatible with all Samsung Galaxy S4 versions. The model number of your handset has to be SCH-I545, or you should know from the start that you’ll fail completing the procedure or even worse, you’ll end up bricking it. All the other C Spire, US Cellular, T-Mobile, or Sprint models are out of the question from the start;
- The bootloader version of your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 must be I545VRUAMDK; we want to warn you that users of owners of device having a different bootloader version are strictly advised not to follow the tutorial below;
- Androidflagship.com is not responsible of any sort of damages that might occur to your handset and its components; that’s your risk to take, so be careful that you know what you are doing and don’t forget the list of preparatory steps:
- This installation might wipe the data from the device, so you strongly advise you to back up your apps, contacts, messages, call-logs, game progress, etc;
- In order to apply this procedure, don’t forget that you need a computer or a notebook; on both your computer and Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 you should temporarily uninstall any form of security protection which can interrupt the installation process;
- Do you have the proper drivers installed on your computer? Verify that before starting the procedure and risking damaging your handset;
- Charge your Samsung device so that it has at least 70% battery power left in case you don’t want seeing it turning off in the middle of the procedure;
- Do not leave aside the fact that you should turn on USB Debugging on your Verizon Galaxy S4 by going to Settings>More>Developer Options.
Download the RECOVERY FILE (NON-TOUCH) from here and the RECOVERY FILE (TOUCH) from here on your computer. Then, you must transfer the Recovery files to your phone (by using the original UEB cable) and be sure that you remember their location. You will flash them later using either of ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery. And don’t forget that you ned the latest version of the Recoveries, so don’t check the original page.
After reassuring that you made all necessary preparations as presented above, you can now start to install the most recent CWM Recovery for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 with Loki. All you have to do is following these steps and you are good to go:
How to Install Latest CWM Recovery for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 with Loki:
- Boot your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 in recovery mode; If your device is rooted, you can simply use the QuickBoot app. If not, then you must power off the handset, Press and hold ‘Volume Up + Home + Power’ buttons together and release them only after seeing the Galaxy S4 logo. While you are in Recovery mode, just use Volume buttons to navigate between options, as well as the Power button to select the option that you are interested about;
- You should create a Nandroid Backup that could help you to restore to current status. This is ideal in the case that something does not work as initially planned;
- Now you must install the Recovery file that you want (Touch or Non-Touch);
- Then you have to select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ (or external sdcard, depending on where you have placed the file before);
- You can finally reboot your Samsung Galaxy S4 device (select ‘Reboot system now’ from the main menu of recovery).
Now you have flashed the ClockworkMod recovery on your Galaxy S4 smartphone, so starting with this moment you can try installing any custom ROM firmware based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS and perform other operations for improving the performances of your Android handset.
And we are sure that you already know that this CWM recovery also comes with a user friendly interface that can be easily used even if you are a newbie, also letting you to wipe the data and clear cache or to restore old versions of Android OS if a Nandroid backup has been properly applied, so we totally understand your decision of wanting to enjoy all these.
Anyway, if you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments below. We are here to help you!