How to Root Sony Xperia Z2 using One-Click Root Solution
Sony’s new Xperia Z2 Android smartphone seems to have the recipe of success with its full HD 5-inch screen, 20 megapixels camera and a water proof design, these being only some of the specs and features that this smartphone has to offer. This phone has just begun rolling out across different parts of the world, but if you are already the owner of this model, we can tell you that the popular XDA-Developers senior member, DooMLoRD has already managed to root it by developing a one-click root solution.
If you also want to follow this procedure, here we are to help you root your Sony Xperia Z2, but not before reviewing the risks and taking in consideration the preparatory steps:
Review the risks:
- You have to know from the start that rooting your Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone with this one click root method will void its manufacturer’s warranty;
- There might be some carrier restrictions which interfere with the rooting process. So, if the rooting process doesn’t work, you must uninstall the stock ROM and all the current carrier restrictions will be gone too. After doing so, you should repeat all the given instructions;
- Remember that this tutorial is only compatible with Sony Xperia Z2 , so don’t you think of trying it on any other Android smartphone. We have warned you from the start about this fact, so we cannot be help responsible in case of anything bad happens with your handset. In these conditions, you have to confirm the D6502/D6503 model number by looking for it on the packaging box or in the ‘About device’ option which can be found under Settings;
- Rooting is not at all an easy procedure, even though we are talking about a one-click root solution, especially if you are new into this, so incorrectly following the guide may result in your Sony Xperia Z2 getting bricked beyond repair. So, you should only proceed at your own risk!
- Just as we always tell you, you should backup your Sony Xperia Z2 device since this root method will likely wipe all data. And we are sure that you have important files and not only that you must use after the procedure ends as well;
- Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging on your handset and enable the USB Debugging Mode;
- Don’t forget that you need computer or a notebook for this rooting procedure, as well as the original USB cable to establish the connection between the computer and your Sony Xperia Z2 device;
- We strongly advice you temporarily uninstall the security protection from your smartphone and notebook; we have seen cases when it stops the rooting process, so it is better to avoid this from the very beginning;
- Don’t leave aside the necessary drivers to connect the phone to PC; if you haven’t installed them before, now it is the perfect time to take care of this aspect;
- Charge your Xperia Z2 to at least 70 percent before proceeding or there are big chances to be the witness of your device powering off during the procedure. If this happens, you can end up with a bricked smartphone and we are sure that this is not why you are reading this guide for;
- Make sure that you have the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your Xperia Z2 device if you want to root it.
A SuperSU tool is now available to root your Sony Xperia Z2 device.
The following guide will walk you through the entire process, but before that, you have to download the SUPERSU FILE on your computer from here and then transfer it to your handset to a separate folder on your device’s internal / external SD Card. Make sure that you remember the location.
How to Root your Sony Xperia Z2
- Boot your Xperia Z2 phone into recovery mode. You can do this by switching off the phone and then by pressing the volume up or volume down key several times until you see the LED notification turn pink;
- It is recommended to create a Nandroid Backup from recovery for that situation when something goes wrong. This Nandroid Backup would help you restore the current status easily, so don’t hesitate to take in consideration this step by going to Backup And Restore » Backup;
- Navigate to install zip > choose zip from SD card in order choose the root file that you have downloaded;
- Once completed, reboot your Xperia Z2 device, by returning to the main menu of recovery and selecting ‘reboot system now’.
If you want to verify root access on your Sony Xperia Z2, then you should install the Root Checker app from Play Store and this will tell you the result.We hope that the procedure went well, but if you have any questions, just use the comments section below.