Have you soft bricked your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone? Or, maybe you want to sell it or borrow it to someone from the family, so you must wipe the data from its system? In such cases, we have only one solution for you: don’t hesitate to complete a hard reset/factory reset operation and your problems will be solved.
In case of not ever doing such a procedure before, we know that you must be worried and that you have questions, but we can tell you from the start that resetting your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is an official process, so there are no risks involved. Don’t even think of voiding the warranty either. Your device is perfectly safe, so it will be its warranty!
And if you are not convinced that this is nothing more than a basic Android procedure that should be learned by any Android user, we want to remind you than it can be used in more cases than the ones that we have initially mentioned. Since the internal system of your Galaxy S6 Edge will be cleaned, the hard reset / factory reset operation is also ideal if you experience boot loops, force close errors, battery drain, heating problems, different lags and bugs and not only.
That is why during the guidelines from below we will detail the hard reset operation by presenting you no less than two easy methods to choose from. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start the procedure, but not before asking us in case of having any question related to this guide! The comments area is waiting for you, so do not hesitate to use it!
How to complete a Hard Reset Operation on Galaxy S6 Edge by using internal settings:
- Tap on Menu on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge device;
- Now, head towards Settings and select “User and Backup”;
- From there you have to choose “Wipe Data Factory Reset”;
- Agree with all the prompts and also select if you want or not to wipe the SD card or not;
- Wait while the data is being erased automatically. That was all!
How to complete a Hard Reset Operation on Galaxy S6 Edge through Recovery mode:
- Turn off your phone; in order to do that with ease, just press the Power button and select “power off” or press and hold the Power key for no more than 5 or 6 seconds;
- Then, it’s time to enter your S6 Edge in recovery mode;
- From recovery mode you have to select the “wipe data factory reset” option;
- You can also choose “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache” if you want to clear cache;
- Wait while the data is being erased;
- At the end, from main menu of recovery select “reboot system now”.
If you had encountered any problems while trying to apply the guidelines from above don’t hesitate to tell us in the comments field from below. Keep in mind that we’d be glad to help you as soon as possible, so feel confident to ask for our help!
Also read: How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S6