As you probably know, Xiaomi released the MIUI 7 operating system for the Xiaomi phones. The new MIUI 7 comes with a variety of improvements and features, so how can you say no to such a temptation? If you are a Xiaomi Mi 3 user as well and want to try the MIUI 7 on your phone, here is the tutorial which you can follow in order to install the mentioned firmware.
For the start, there are some important preparatory steps that you cannot skip under any circumstances. Since these operations are complex and also risky (especially if you never done a similar procedure before), do not hesitate to take a full backup of your Xiaomi Mi 3 data such as contacts, apps, music, videos, images, emails and not only, just to be prepared for anything.
Once the backup is done, enable the USB debugging option. For that, you must first gain Developer Options, so tap several times on Built Number – from Menu – Settings – About phone. Then, find your way into Menu – Settings – Developer options.
Even more, you must have a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your Xiaomi Mi 3 as the MIUI 7 software is available as a .zip file; moreover, don’t forget to prepare your computer or laptop. To be more precise, you have to deactivate your anti-virus, firewall and anti-malware programs (during the flashing procedure only; then, you can restore them all) and don’t forget about the drivers of the device.
You must fully charge your Mi3 or at least to 60%, as the MIUI 7 update process may take a while and you should not take any chances at this chapter. Also remember that warranty may be void if you install this firmware on your device and understand that I shall not be responsible for any damage to your Xiaomi Mi 3. And the listed MIUI 7 ROM is compatible with this device only, so do not use it for updating any other Android handsets or Xiaomi models.
How to Install MIUI 7 on Xiaomi Mi 3:
- The first thing that you have to do is to take the MIUI 7 ROM package from here on your PC;
- You have to use the original USB cord to connect the handset to the PC;
- Do not hesitate to transfer it to the internal storage of your phone;
- Press the power button to turn off your Mi 3;
- Then, you have to boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume down and power keys at the same time;
- Once the phone is in recovery mode, you have to do a Wipe cache, data;
- Also perform a factory reset;
- After that, do not hesitate to go to ‘Install’;
- Choose the MIUI 7 ROM;
- Swipe the confirmation button to start the actual installation;
- Return to the main menu of recovery;
- From here, you have to reboot the phone.
And that’s not all that you can do on your handset. For more tutorials, my advice is to head to our How To section and start experimenting.