If you currently own a OnePlus 2, then this is probably what you were expecting to hear: the official Oxygen software update has started being rolled out over the air, so it’s a matter of time until reaching to all devices.
Are you curious to find out what’s new? Well, just as OnePlus itself officially declared, the new Android software update comes with a variety of bug fixes and improvements, bringing Oxygen OS to version 2.1.0, offering a new manual mode, Exchange support, fixes for some major some issues with popular 3rd party apps, telephony service improvements in order to no longer get the lag when you turn on/off airplane mode, raw support enabled for 3rd party camera apps that support this format, a new color balance slider in Display for adjusting the color tone of your OnePlus Two screen and not only.
However, I’ve told you from the start that the OnePlus 2 Android update to OxygenOS 2.1.0 has started rolling out OTA, so you can be sure of the fact that it’s going to take a while to arrive to all devices. In such a case, do you know that you can flash the update yourself right now via the link provided in this tutorial?
The procedure is as safe as it can be, but in order to be successful you have to be on v2.0.2 and make sure that you have not made any major changes to the system. Anyway, if you have previously rooted your stock ROM, then then you need to flash the full firmware via custom recovery like TWRP. In such a situation, verify that you have the latest TWRP recovery installed on your OnePlus 2, take a nandroid backup and only then you can apply the appropriate guide:
Learn to Install Oxygen OS 2.1.0 on your OnePlus 2 with Stock Recovery:
- Download the Oxygen OS 2.1.0 OTA zip file by accessing this link;
- Connect your device to the PC;
- Then, move the OTA zip file in your phone’s internal storage;
- Boot into Recovery Mode;
- From there, choose Apply Updates;
- Go to the OTA file you just saved on your phone;
- The installation process will start on your OnePlus 2 and take a few minutes;
- Once the installation is successful, it will automatically reboot. Otherwise, go back and reboot to system.
Learn to Install Oxygen OS 2.1.0 on your OnePlus 2 with TWRP Recovery:
- Download the required ROM (full ROM) file from here;
- Establish a connection between the computer and your phone;
- It’s time to transfer the ROM into your device’s internal storage;
- Reboot into TWRP, so don’t hesitate to power off your phone and press and hold volume down button and power button at the same time;
- Select the Wipe Option > Advanced Wipe and Wipe Cache/Data/Dalvik Cache/System;
- After this go back to the main screen of recovery;
- Tap on the Install option;
- Navigate to the ROM file and select it;
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with installation. The ROM will be installed;
- Once installed, go back to the main screen of TWRP;
- From there, you have to reboot to system.