Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime might be a budget oriented smartphone, but this doesn’t mean that owners don’t expect receiving the best. All Redmi devices contain fingerprint sensors at the back panel, yet you know that when you move your finger on the fingerprint sensor of your Redmi 3S, it starts to perform a pretty unusual action.
Well, the device that I am talking about simply starts selecting random text on the device screen. That’s far from the functionality that you’ve expected, I am sure of that, yet you can repurpose the fingerprint sensor of your handset. What better moment than this one to introduce Dactyl, a special application which lets you capture images in your Redmi 3S Prime using fingerprint sensor?
Dactyl fingerprint camera is available in two variants: lite and pro versions. The Pro version obviously contains premium features, although I suggest you to install the lite version first and check whether it supports your device.
Repurpose Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime Fingerprint Sensor with Dactyl:
- First of all, download Dactyl – here’s Dactyl Trial – Fingerprint Selfie Camera which basically allows you 5 usages before requiring upgrading to the full version;
- Install it on your device;
- Then, you can open the app and you could see the supported camera apps from the intro menu;
- If your favorite camera or selfie app isn’t listed in the supported apps, don’t hesitate to send your request to the developer;
- In the next screen, you must tap Open Settings Page option;
- Then, under accessibility settings, just enable the Dactyl app;
- At this point, you can open your camera app and try placing your fingerprint when you’re ready to shoot. A toast message will be displayed if Dactyl supports the camera app;
- In MIUI, in order to prevent system from force closing the Dactyl app, you need to enable Auto-Start for Dactyl under Permissions section.
After that, feel free to use your fingerprint to take photos, selfies, and videos anytime you want!