Do you want to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 by using a one click root solution? If you want to use a safe root method for your Galaxy S5 then you are in the right place, as during the guidelines from below I will show you how to easily gain root access by using a one click root tool that can be applied via Odin.
Of course this is not the classic one click root solution as actually you will be using the CF Auto Root method which is highly appreciated among Android users. Luckily for us now the same root operation has been made available for the Samsung Galaxy S5 which means that you can anytime use Odin in order to unchain the internal system of your Android smartphone.
Unlocking the Galaxy S5 is a must especially if you are an advanced Android user who wants to use its smartphone on full power. We all know that the S5 is one of the best devices out there, but as any other handset, it is pre-installed with default and factory restrictions programs. Moreover, the S5 is coming with in built programs and apps along with features that might slow it down. I am talking about bloatware which can be removed only if you gain root access.
Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 is also a must if you want to customize, optimize and improve the performances of your Android device. On a rooted phone you can install a custom ROM firmware by using CWM recovery, you can install a custom recovery image, flash a custom kernel, add new features, have access to the internal system, upgrade the battery life, bump the speeds, update the web browsing experience and the Android experience and lot more. Anyway, these are only the main motifs for gaining root access on Samsung Galaxy S5 using Odin via one click root solution.
The root operation is official, so by completing this tutorial you will lose your Galaxy S5 warranty. If you will want or have to restore the warranty, you will have to update with OTA or official / stock Android OS. Also, the root process might be risky and complex, so if anything bad happens while applying the steps from below, don’t hesitate and learn how to fix your bricked Samsung Galaxy S5. Don’t worry though, if you read and follow the guidelines from this tutorial everything will be fine and you will safely root your Android device.
It is important to backup your data as everything that’s saved on the internal storage memory of your S5 might get erased during the root process. Beside users data don’t forget to backup your internet settings and EFS folder along with the present ROM by making a Nandroid backup. Also, it should be clear for you that this guide is compatible with all the Galaxy S5 models as CF Auto Root tool is being available for any SGS5 – you will have proper download links below.
On the other hand, since you will root your smartphone by using Odin, a computer running on Windows is required. Then you should take care of the general pre requisites, which are stating that you need to: deactivate the security protection that is featured on your computer, enable USB debugging on your phone from path “menu -> settings -> developer options” and charge your device before doing anything else, or you can end up in damaging its system.
That was all you should know before starting to one click root your Galaxy S5 with Odin. Don’t forget that Odin is an official program developed by Samsung, so you won’t end up in bricking your device by using this tool, even though we are talking about gaining root access, which is an unofficial operation that has nothing to do with the mentioned company.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 using Odin
- On your computer download the root package by using the following download links: for International Qualcomm – here; for International Exynos – here; for Middle and South America – here; for US Cellular – here; for T-Mobile – here; for Sprint – here; for Metro PCS – here; for Canada – here.
- Also, download Odin on your computer.
- Unzip both files and install Odin.
- Install Galaxy S5 USB drivers and then enter your phone in download mode: turn it off and press volume down, home and power buttons simultaneously.
- On your PC run Odin and then connect your smartphone with the computer via USB cable.
- If everything works properly on Odin the “added” message will be displayed and the ID:COM section will turn yellow or blue.
- From Odin press the “PDA” tab and from the windows that opens pick the root package.
- Without changing anything else on the program click on “start” and wait while your Galaxy S5 is being rooted.
- You will know when the process is over as on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed and the ID:COM section will turn green.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S5. Use the comments field from below if you have something to share with us or with our readers.