Have you been worried that the Android 4.4.4 update might not come to your Motorola handset? In case of being the owner of a Motorola DROID Mini, Ultra or Maxx device, your worries have reached to an end. Both Moto and Verizon have posted changelogs for the Android 4.4.4 update for all these handsets, so things are not just a simple rumor. Just wait for these improvements to reach to your phone and enjoy them!
What does the Changelog includes?
Speaking of improvements, the list is more tempting than you might be imagining, so here’s what the changelog includes:
- Camera changes: such as improved camera picture quality, improved photos in fluorescent lighting, enhanced dynamic range, better consistency of exposure, ability to pause video recording with the help of a new pause/resume button on the viewfinder;
- Verzion applications: the latest versions of these apps have been added: Visual Voicemail (with View caller, voicemail details and access messages on-screen), as well as VZ Cloud;
- ISIS WALLET: the most recent ISIS Wallet Mobile app has been added as well, being able to process contactless payment for Droid Ultra users on Verizon;
- Fixed Bluetooth connectivity issue: this update successfully fixes a bug that could cause issues with Bluetooth connectivity for some users;
- Enables Motorola Alert Application download: you can take advantage of the new Motorola Alert application wich sends periodic alerts with your location to your selected contacts;
- Other security fixes including update to OpenSSL.
Besides all these, let’s not leave aside the usual Android 4.4.4 KitKat changes including stability, framework and security improvements, changes to the power profile, not to mention that Bluetooth connectivity has been improved as well.
So, despite of the fact that Android 4.4.4 is not a huge update, we have to admit that it actually brings more than we have initially expected. But don’t forget that the original Android 4.4.4 update has less changes; this time things are a little different as long as Verizon is the one that has added a few new changes as well.
The Android 4.4.4 update is ready to roll
So, in case of being the owner of a Motorola Droid Ultra, Maxx or Mini we can tell you one more thing: these change logs going live usually means that the Android update is ready to roll.
You can simply wait for the OTA update notifications to start popping up very soon (if this hasn’t already happened), or you can head into About phone > System updates. Yes, you can manually check for your own Android 4.4.4 update and speed things up if you are not willing to wait!
Have you succeeded to update your Motorola device? Let us know in case of needing our help! And if you are the owner of another handset, don’t forget that here we also have details about Android 4.4.4 and Android L Update Plans for HTC Family, Android 4.4.4 Update for Xperia Z1 Compact, Z1 and Z Ultra Handsets, Android 4.4.4 Update for LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play and more.