Update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 with Nightly CM12.1 Lollipop 5.1 Firmware
Thanks to the CyanogenMod team, now you can easily update your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.1 Lollipop OS. Thus, the new CM12.1 Nightly custom ROM is finally official for your Note 4 – until now there were only ported variants of the ROM available on the market.
Well, if you are wondering how to install the new CM 12.1 Lollipop 5.1 update on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 without facing any problems, don’t go anywhere and read what I have resumed during the following guidelines. So, choose to follow this dedicated tutorial in order to learn how to properly install CM 12.1 Nightly on the T-Mobile model of Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
First of all, even though this CM12.1 platform is being released officially by those of CyanogenMod, you are still dealing with an unofficial update that has nothing to do with Samsung or with Google. Thus, you are about to complete a custom operation, which means you are going to lose the warranty of your Samsung branded device.
Also, because of the info that I have already provided, this Android 5.1 Lollipop update can be flashed only in certain conditions. In that matter, you will have to root your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 before doing anything else. And then, you will have to install a custom recovery image, such as CWM or TWRP recovery, on your phone as the update package can be successfully installed only through the mentioned software.
The Nightly built of CM 12.1 brings a stable and smooth Android 5.1 Lollipop OS to your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4. The ROM is stable enough for a daily use and you will not find any software related issues such as bugs or lags. Everything is working perfectly, while you can now test and enjoy new and great features and apps that cannot be found on the default Lollipop system.
However, make a Nandroid backup and save the current ROM from your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 before adding the CM12.1 ROM. By completing this dedicated backup operation you can avoid unpleasant situations from taking place and you can then easily downgrade back to stock Android OS. Moreover, along with this Nandroid backup, also save other personal data, info and accounts from your device as during the update process a hard reset operation will be initiated – without backing up your data, you will risk in losing all of your info.
You can read about other pre requisites and about the advantages and risks implied by this operation on another dedicated step by step guide – just follow the provided link. Anyhow, don’t go any further without checking that tutorial, or else you might just end up in bricking your beloved phone (if something bad happens, don’t panic and learn how to manually fix software related Android problems).
How to Update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 with Nightly CM12.1 Android Lollipop 5.1 Custom ROM Firmware
- Go to CyanogenMod’s official web page and from there download the CM 12.1 Nightly ROM for your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4.
- Save the update package on your computer, preferable on desktop.
- Don’t unzip the file, but connect your smartphone with your PC by using the USB cord.
- Then place the downloaded Android 5.1 Lollipop OS on your Galaxy Note 4 (on the SD card if that’s possible).
- When done, disconnect the USB cord and enter recovery mode on your T-Mobile Note 4.
- Make a hard reset and clear cache: choose “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- When done, you need to go back to main menu of recovery.
- From there this time load and flash the firmware file: select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- So, pick the Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware and install CM12.1 Nightly on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4.
- Finally, when everything is completed, from main menu of recovery select “reboot system now”.
Enjoy the new Lollipop experience that runs on your Android device. Also, tell us how you find the new CyanogenMod OS on your T-Mobile Note 4 by using the comments field from down below.