Update International Galaxy Note 4 with Nightly CM12.1 Lollipop 5.1 Firmware
After T-Mobile, now the International model of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is receiving the Nightly built of CM 12.1. Thus, the official CyanogenMod Android 5.1 Lollipop update can be now installed on your own Android device. So, what do you say, are you ready to learn how to complete this update operation?
If you do want to try the new CM12.1 Nightly ROM on your own International Galaxy Note 4, then don’t think twice and read all the guidelines from below. In this way you will learn how to properly apply the ROM in order to avoid unpleasant situations from taking place. You will also learn how to prepare your device for the update process and what to expect from the new CyanogenMod release.
First, CM12.1 Nightly is the official CyanogenMod ROM available for your Note 4. So, in a few words, the Android 5.1 Lollipop update is stable and smooth – you will definitely be able to use all the features and apps without dealing with bugs, lags or with any other problems. But, on the other hand, it will have to be clear for you that you are still going to use and install a custom ROM, which is not an official Android update.
Therefore, the ROM is developed by third party devs and has nothing to do with OTAs released by Samsung or by Google. So, you are just going to complete an unofficial operation, which implies in losing your Galaxy Note 4 warranty.
Also, you will have to prepare your phone before being able to apply the lines from below. In that matter you must know that this guide can be completed only if your Galaxy Note 4 is rooted and installed with a custom recovery image – I recommend you to use CWM or TWRP recovery in order to ease your work. Do ensure these two processes, or else don’t even bother – if you skip something or if you mess things up, then you can brick your device – since the warranty is lost, you will have to manually fix your bricked Android smartphone.
Backup your data because a hard reset process will have to be applied during the installation guide from below. Save everything that’s on your phone’s internal storage memory or else you will lose your personal data, info and accounts. Moreover, use the custom recovery image and make a Nandroid backup for being able to save / restore the current ROM that is featured on your device.
You should also check this dedicated tutorial before installing CM 12.1 Nightly on your International Samsung Galaxy Note 4. During the mentioned guide you will be able to read everything that’s related to the operation that you are about to perform: advantages, risks, pre requisites and much more.
How to Update International Galaxy Note 4 with Nightly CM12.1 Android Lollipop 5.1 Custom ROM Firmware
- From this page download the CM12.1 firmware file for your International Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Save the file on your computer, on desktop if possible, but don’t unzip.
- Optional, download Google Apps as that package is not included on the CyanogenMod platform.
- Place the downloaded files on your phone; on the SD card if possible – of course, first ensure a connection between your computer and handset.
- After doing so, turn off your phone and then reboot your Note 4 into recovery mode.
- From there make the hard reset and clear cache; basically, you will have to select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Then, also from recovery you will have to pick the Android 5.1 Lollipop file by selecting “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Flash the CM12.1 Nightly ROM and then repeat the last step and install Google Apps package.
- When done, select “reboot system now” and enjoy.
Congratulations, you can now use CM 12.1 Nightly based on Android 5.1 Lollipop on your own Samsung Galaxy Note 4.