Update HTC One M9 with Custom ROMs
HTC’s most recent flagship HTC One M9, has made its way to more and more consumers and we bet that there are big chances to be one of them as well. After all, you don’t find every day a device such as the HTC One M9 which gets the power from a quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and a quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57 with GPU Adreno 430 for extreme gaming, a bright and crisp Full HD display and a 20MP rear camera with various image editing tools to enjoy, not to mention all the software features just waiting to be discovered.
And if you want even more than that, we have an idea for you. What do you think of the possibility of using a custom ROM (like CyanogenMod, AOKP or ParanoidAndroid) in order to enjoy the best from this amazing Android operating system, to remove the manufacturer’s software customizations and to update the operating system to the latest version faster without waiting for your carrier to do that?
You have plenty of options to choose from – that is something that you should know from the very beginning – the already mentioned CyanogenMod, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid being the most popular choices. And we have just discovered the fact that the TWRP recovery and Android Revolution HD have both made their way to the HTC One M9, so what are you waiting for?
Before starting, there are some things that you should take in consideration:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M9 as long as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process;
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device;
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging;
- Ensure that your HTC One M9’s bootloader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like the ones that we have told you about before;
- Your device must have at least 60% of power or as long as it can get bricked if it turns off in the middle of the flashing operation;
- If you are installing a custom ROM on a rooted HTC device, then you should know that the access will be revoked;
- Keep in mind that updating your HTC smartphone with Custom ROMs is not an official procedure, so it will void the warranty of your smartphone. In theory, will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by your manufacturer or by your warranty providers, but in reality, we have a solution for that too (read more about it from here);
- In case of any mishap, our site cannot be held responsible. The procedure has been tested and it works, so you have no excuse for your potential buyers.
- Read more from our Prepare your Android device and Consider the Risks guide.
Update HTC One M9 with Custom ROMs:
- Download the custom ROM firmware file that you want on your PC;
- After that, you have to connect your smartphone with your computer by using the original USB cable;
- Transfer the file from your computer to your smartphone’s SD card;
- Unplug the USB cable;
- Power off the phone;
- Now boot it in Recovery Mode with the help of this guide;
- For CWM, choose ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, then confirm the process;
- For TWRP , you have to use the ‘wipe’ option and to clear cache by choosing “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”;
- Go back to recovery;
- Choose “install zip from SD card”;
- You have two options: “choose zip from SD card” for CWM or select ‘install’ menu for TWRP;
- Choose the Android firmware file and flash it on your HTC One M9;
- Return to recovery;
- From main menu select “reboot system now”.
That was all!