Root Sony Xperia Z3 running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.28 Firmware
Do you want to gain root access on your Xperia Z3 after updating to Android 5.0.2 (23.1.A.28)? As you can see, here I am to help you with a detailed guide exactly on this matter.
Basically, such a root procedure as the one that you want to perform will completely change the way that you are using your smartphone. Rooting offers extra control over the internal system and over the operating system, so it gives you the possibility to customize the Xperia Z3 as you want, to overclock the CPU, to install all the apps that you want, to install custom recovery images, of flash custom ROMs along with any unofficial OS update, to get rid of that annoying bloatware and not only.
In other words, gaining root access is extremely important especially if you are an advanced Android user who wants to take advantage of its Xperia Z3 on full potential, but not everything is shiny and bright. Keep in mind that by choosing to apply such a rooting procedure, the warranty will be void, although I have a feeling that this shouldn’t be a problem any longer as you already performed some unofficial operations up to this point. And you could also damage something from your phone or even brick it, but if this happens, then this is not my responsibility, but only yours to assume.
Before starting the guide, you must also read the preparatory steps for rooting. If your Sony Xperia Z3 runs Android 5.0.2 with the build number 23.1.A.28, then only in this case you are officially eligible for this procedure, so make no mistake. Even more, you also have to enable the USB Debugging Mode which is done from the Developer Options menu. If you cannot see the Developer Options menu you should unlock the options by tapping the build number seven times.
Backup all you need to use later in order to keep your data safe and charge your phone first, especially if there is less than 60% power left and if you know that its battery doesn’t last as long as it used to and dot forget about your PC. You should have the up to date USB Drivers by Sony before starting in order to successfully connect to the computer, not to mention that you must deactivate (only during this operation) the security programs which might interfere with the actual rooting.
How to Root Xperia Z3 on Android 5.0.2 with Ease:
- For the start, access this link in order to download XperiaRoot_ALP.zip to your computer;
- Then, don’t hesitate to extract the zip file;
- Open the folder and you’ll find the following .apk files: Busybox, Recovery, Root, as well as SuperSU;
- Transfer them all on your Sony Xperia Z3 smartphone by using the USB cord;
- Install the Root.apk file. Open the app and tap on the Root button, then have patience until it roots the smartphone;
- Also install the Busybox.apk and the Recovery.apk files;
- Open the installed Recovery app in order to tap Install Recovery;
- Now, it’s time to turn of your Sony phone;
- Then, you must press the Power on button, and when the LED light starts flashing, press the Volume up or down buttons more than once for booting into Recovery mode;
- From there, select the SuperSU.zip file from the ALP folder;
- Choose to install it;
- Reboot the handset after the operation is over;
- You will see SuperSU app in App drawer, so don’t hesitate to check for root access with the help any Root Checker app from the Play Store.
If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of seeing the Sony smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. I cannot be held responsible for any damage if the procedure does not yield the expected results or if the smartphone is bricked. So, proceed with caution and let me know if you need any help before it is too late.
Also read: How to Root Xperia Z2 on Android 5.0.2