Flash MIUI 7 on Xiaomi Mi 4
Most of the Xiaomi users already installed the MIUI 7 ROM manually on their device, so what are you waiting for? I know that MIUI 7 sounds really tempting thanks to its new features and here I am to guide you, so don’t hesitate to install in on your Xiaomi Mi 4 as well. The process is simple and takes no more than a few minutes to complete the installation process, but you cannot skip the preparatory steps under any circumstances.
First of all, take a full backup of your phone’s data like contacts, apps, music, videos, images, emails and not only, just to be on the safe side. Once the backup is done, enable the USB debugging option and charge your Xiaomi device at least to 60% in order to be prepared for the procedure. You know that you risk briking it if it turns off during the procedure.
Even more, you must have a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM installed on your Xiaomi Mi 4 and don’t forget to prepare your computer. By that, I mean installing the drivers of the device and temporarily deactivating your anti-virus, firewall and anti-malware programs that could stop the procedure.
Warranty may be void if you install MIUI 7 on your device and make no confusion: the listed MIUI 7 ROM is compatible with Xiaomi Mi 4 only, therefore do not try it on other devices or else you will damage them in one way or another. These guidelines are for the advanced users and I will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the update process. So, do not do anything based on your own judgment and follow the procedure exactly as it is given.
How to Install MIUI 7 on your Xiaomi Mi 4:
- For the start, you have to take the MIUI 7 ROM package from here on your PC;
- Move it to the internal storage of your phone by using the original USB cord;
- Then, you have to press the power button to turn off your Mi 4i;
- Up next, boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume down and power keys at the same time for no more than a few seconds;
- Once the phone is in recovery mode, do a Wipe cache, data and perform a factory reset;
- Now, you have to go to ‘Install’;
- Choose the MIUI 7 ROM;
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with installation;
- Now, you must go back to the main menu of recovery;
- From here, you have to reboot the phone.
That was all you had to do! Starting to this moment, your Mi 4i is running on the MIUI 7.