How to Sync Google contacts with Xiaomi Devices
MIUI is a skin that personalizes Android in depth, therefore it is considered as one of the most feature-packed ROMs in this fragmented Android world that we live in. But, there is always a part of us that wants to experience the charm of stock Android and the lack of errors that comes along with it.
In this post you’ll find a solution for Google Contacts Synchronization and if you are still confused, let me clarify some things for you.
Even if Xiaomi devices with international firmware are having Google services and the Play Store and we love these things, there are sometimes issues with syncing contacts anyway. And I am talking about major issues. The problem is caused by interference from MIUI, so you end up experiencing severe problems with Google apps and services using smartphones imported from China such as those from Xiaomi.
However, there is a simple trick that will make these problems nothing more than a part of the past.
How to Sync Google contacts with Xiaomi Devices:
- First of all, make sure you have the right app for syncing contacts installed on your device. I am talking about the Google Contacts Sync app, so enter into the Settings area;
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and choose Installed apps;
- In the list, you have to look for Google Contacts Sync;
- In case you can’t find it, you can download and install it from this link;
- Now, select the Google Contacts Sync app;
- In the screen that appears, enable Autostart;
- At this point, you have to enable all these entries in the submenu called Permissions. I am talking about:
Modify and delete contacts
Read your contacts
Access accounts on device
Start in background
- Under Battery saver, it’s time to select No restrictions;
- In the end, all you have to do is to restart the device that you are using and check to see if everything is synchronizing properly. I hope that it is, so enjoy the change!