Flash Factory Image for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update on Nexus 9 WiFi
Have you heard that Google has released Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow factory images for various devices in its Nexus range? As you can see, here you can find the appropriate guide for your Nexus 9 WiFi, but don’t get me wrong. Here I am to guide you all the way, but you are still the only one responsible to what might happen to your tablet.
In fact, my duty is to let you know from the start that there are several risks involved with manually downloading and installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory images for your Google Nexus 9 WiFi. You could lose all of your data as this procedure will perform a clean firmware installation and don’t you imagine that the steps are not at all complicated. I actually find the operation as being a pretty complex one that’s best to avoid if you are new to the Android world or if you have never done something similar before.
Aren’t these your situations? Therefore, you can move to the next step. I have already told you that you risk losing your data, so in that respect, you have to be prepared to make a Nandroid backup. With such a backup you can save the current Android ROM that powers your Google Nexus 9 and keep all your photos, files, songs, videos, apps and so on safe and sound.
Then, you must have the USB Debugging enabled to connect to the computer. Without it, your Nexus 9 WiFi will only struggle to communicate with the computer, so navigate to the Settings > About Device section and tap over the build number seven times. It will either tell you that you have unlocked the Developer Options menu or that it is already unlocked and no longer needs unlocking.
Setting up ADB and Fastboot on your computer is a must before flashing stock Android 6.0 M files, so get the quick adb and fastboot installer from here. Up next, install the latest Nexus USB Drivers on your computer and make sure that the battery percentage will be no problem during the below procedure.
How to Flash Factory Image for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update on Nexus 9 WiFi:
- Download the factory image for your handset from this link;
- Use the original USB cable to transfer it to your PC;
- Double check that you have setup ADB and fastboot on your PC and don’t forget that you have to accept Always allow from this computer when you plug in the device for the first time to enable USB Debugging;
- Now, power off your device;
- Boot into the bootloader. The easiest way to do this is to hold a key combination while powering up the device. For this precise model, hold the volume up, volume down and power buttons while powering on the device;
- Now, plug in your device to the PC and let the drivers install;
- Go to the location where you have placed the factory image file on PC;
- Extract it to get files with .img.flashall;
- Up next, you have to run the flash-all.bat file on Windows PC and confirm the flashing process;
- Wait for the process to complete;
- In case of using the Linux or Mac OS, run the flash-all.sh file and follow the very same instructions;
- Once done, reboot the device normally.