Play Retro Games on your Android Device
Do you miss those old times when games such as Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon were all that you could enjoy? I am a 90’s kid too and I gladly discovered that there is a way to play the Retro Games from my childhood on my Android device.
I know that I have plenty of other options to choose from, that the newer ones are way better in graphics and much more fun, but I had a nostalgic day and I am sure that I am not the only one out there.
Since these games are not designed to run on Android OS, you must use a third-party app (aka emulator) to provide a virtual environment. You know that there are various Android emulators on PlayStore and they work great. In fact, emulation gives you the chance to play games from nearly any video game system in one location and are great for reliving your favorite games.
As you can see, my choice is MyBoy and you should give it a try too. I can assure you of the fact that this is the most reliable option out there and as long as each emulator is a bit different, basic instructions might be a little different too, so make no confusion.
As for the free version, you should know that is indeed ad-supported and lacks some useful features like saving and restoring games, but they all have some flaws and at least these ones are acceptable.
How to Play Retro Games on your Android Device:
- Head over to this link and take MyBoy;
- Once you open the app, you will notice it will ask you to load a ROM;
- In this case, ROM has a different meaning: it’s all about a modified version of an original game that can run on Android. Be sure of the fact that there are plenty developers who modify these ROM for you, so you must simply load these file onto the emulator and the game with start instantaneously. Such a choice is Super Mario ROM for Android, but you can find many other options on sites such as coolrom; use this link to get directly there;
- And once done, open the emulator (the MyBoy app);
- Up next, you must import the ROM. Well, trust me when I say that your game will start instantly.
What are your favorite games to play on an emulator? Share them with me and the other readers in the comments area from below.
Other games that you might be interested about:
- The Room Three Game is finally Available on Android through Google Play, so find out more about it by entering here;
- Do you like the idea of enjoying a Narrative-Puzzle Game on your Android Device? Then, Framed is one of the best options, being a narrative-puzzle game that plays like an animated comic book. I can assure you that it never feels repetitive and it’s far from boring, so give it a try!;
- You can Enjoy Prune as well, being a trully Unique Game for your Android Device;
- Download LEGO Lord Of The Rings from Play Store and enjoy a great new Android game – use this guide for that.