How to Get Galaxy’s S7 Edge Features and Apps on your Galaxy S6
Developed by the XDA contributor geiti94, the Sixperiance ROM is the first complete port of Galaxy S7 Edge TouchWiz for Gakaxy S6. Yes, the Sixperience ROM has been ported straight from Galaxy S7 Edge, giving you all the new software features and apps that you want, as well as being fast and responsive, but be careful with the installation procedure.
I know that you don’t want to mess things up, so be prepared for anything. First of all, you have to make a Nandroid backup for saving the Android OS that currently runs on your Galaxy S6. Thus, in the end, if the Sixperience ROM will not run properly, you will be able to use the Nandroid backup file for downgrading to the previous version. Even more, the Galaxy S7 Edge ported ROM can smoothly run on your Galaxy S6 only if you perform a clean install. That means you will have to hard reset your device and clear the app’s data cache first. During these processes, all your important data will be wiped out, so you risk losing everything that’s important for you.
In order to succeed, you must also flash latest version of TWRP custom recovery via Odin and gain root access. Then, prepare the computer too, as you have to download the required files on it and the handset’s USB cable must be near you because a connection between your computer and the device will also be required.
Even more, on your S6, enter into Menu – Settings – About phone and tap on Built Number until you become a developer; then, from Menu – Settings – Developer options, you must also check the USB debugging option. Let me remind you that this procedure is only intended for Galaxy S6, so don’t apply these steps on any other device.
You must also follow the instructions at your own risk as I will not be liable if any damage occurs to your smartphone or to its components.
How to Get Galaxy’s S7 Edge Features and Apps on your Galaxy S6:
- For the start, you have to download the Galaxy S7 Edge Port ROM zip file from here;
- Then, move it to your device’s SD card;
- When the transfer is completed, unplug the USB cord as long as the computer is no longer required;
- Then, Shut down your device. For that, you must press the power button once and select Power Off or press and hold the Power button for no more than a few moments;
- Up next, boot your Galaxy S6 into custom recovery by pressing Home + Power + Volume up button at the same time;
- From recovery, you have to all clean up the storage system of your Samsung Galaxy phone; so, just select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”;
- Now, choose the Install option;
- Go to the ROM zip file and then swipe;
- Once the installation is completed, reboot your phone and have patience.
The ROM status is stable, but don’t you imagine that there are no bugs. That is why you have to disable the Galaxy S7 exclusive features ‘Always on Display’ and ‘Night clock’ on first boot.