Update Huawei P8 B317 to Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow
I know that you must have been excited about that huge EMUI 4.0 BETA update released by Huawei for its Huawei P8 device, but this is already part of the past! It seems that a new firmware version – B317 – is now available for the same device and things are even better as long as this is none other than the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the stock EMUI ROM.
The Android 6.0 update is free from bugs and promises big changes, so the fact that Huawei is rolling out the Marshmallow update to the P8 in Europe at the moment is just what you wanted to hear. However, if you own this precise version, you can go ahead and update it to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I don’t know about you, but I hate spending my time and waiting for an update to reach to my smartphones.
So, if you agree with me when I say that it’s time to manually update your Huawei P8 device to official Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the first thing that you must do is to take a backup since your precious data might be lost in the process and this is the best way to be prepared for any case.
You must also verify your device for compatibility as long as the firmware is compatible with the P8 B317 version only, so be careful! Then, you must also enable USB Debugging on your device. To do so, go to Settings>About Phone and do not hesitate to tap on the Build Number several times until you get a new Developer Options in the Settings. Open Developer Options and enable USB Debugging from there.
Make sure you have latest device’s drivers setup on your PC for a better connection, that your phone is properly charged and understand that such procedures are not for novice users. Yes, it is possible to brick your device if you don’t know what you’re doing, so assume your responsibility.
Here I am to guide you, but you remain the only one responsible for every step that you are taking.
How to Update your Huawei P8 B317 to Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- The first thing that you must do is to enter here and take the update to your computer;
- Then, copy it to your Huawei P8 by using the original USB cord;
- Do not hesitate to rename the update file to update.zip to make the procedure much easier;
- Create a folder called dload in the root of your internal storage or memory card;
- Copy the update.zip file to this folder;
- Make sure your P8 is updated to at least B188 firmware. If the handset is running an older version, you must use the built-in software updater to update to B188;
- Are you already on the B188 update? Then, you must only open the Settings app and tap on Update.
- Press the menu button;
- Choose Local Update from the options;
- Select the update.zip file;
- At the end, just confirm the installation and have patience. Now, your Huawei P8 is automatically updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.