How to Launch LG G5 Apps with the Volume Buttons
LG is a phone brand from Korea, but this doesn’t means that it is only famous in Korea. On the contrary, the company’s amazing phones are sold all over thr world. When you buy a new phone, like the LG G5, you are excited about your decision – I am sure of that, but also overwhelmed by what the phone has to offer. I totally get you and to help you get started with your new G5, I thought I’d follow up a set of tips on the most important changes you should do on your handset.
For example, let me tell you that when your LG G5 is locked, you can quickly double-press the Volume up or down keys in order to launch specific apps. The default setting for the up key is to launch Capture+, LG’s note-taking tool, while the setting for the down key is none other than launching the Camera app.
I know what you might be thinking at the moment, but the truth is that there is no way to customize which app launches right now. However, you can disable the shortcut key, as well as enable a feature that snaps a photo the instant the camera app is launched using the volume button.
How to Launch LG G5 Apps with the Volume Buttons:
- To make such a change, or disable the feature altogether, go into the Settings app;
- Then, view the General tab;
- After that, you have to tap on the Shortcut Key;
- At the bottom of the screen there is an important setting to enable quick shot. With quick shot turned on, double-pressing the Volume down button when your G5 is locked will launch the camera and snap a photo.
And be sure that there is much more to do on your device. You can learn:
- How easy is to Activate LG G5 Always-on Display. This lets you see the date, the time, date, as well as notifications even if the display is turned off;
- How to Put New Shortcuts on the LG G5 Lock Screen;
- How to Customize LG G5 Navigation Buttons with the help of this guide. Even if you cannot have more than 5 buttons in the bar, I am sure that you want more control;
- How to Organize Apps on your LG G5 Home Screen;
- How to Root your LG G5 in no time with Android Root Pro which will do the job for you.