Free up Some Storage Space on your LG G5
Storage space never seems to be enough no matter what device you might own. Sooner or later, it runs out completely and the story is no different even if you are the owner of a smartphone such as LG G5.
That dreadful notification letting you know that you are running low on memory might give you nightmares, especially if you don’t know where to begin from.
Let me tell you that freeing up storage space on your LG G5 is a fairly simple task. LG makes it easy to free up space through tools built into the OS, as well as Google’s free cloud services. This guide will explain all the ways you can de-clutter your LG G5.
How to Free up Some Storage Space on your LG G5:
Use LG’s Smart Doctor app
- Go to LG’s Smart Doctor app;
- Open it right away;
- At that point, you’ll see how much of your internal storage is filled up, in the top left section;
- Tap the pie chart a tap and the LG G5 will automatically figure out what can be dumped from your temporary storage, as well as revealing the all the content of your Downloads folder;
- Give each one a tap in turn and you’ll be able to clean up your storage right there.
Use a microSD card
Ther are still some smartphone makers which allow storage expansion via microSD cards, even on their latest and greatest phones. Popping in one of these cards is an easy and cost-effective way of adding additional data space and this is no exception.
The G5 comes with microSD memory card support, so you can expand the on-board storage at any time. A memory card is included and pre-installed with the device, but additional microSD cards can be purchased from any retail store or online store. Here’s what you have to do:
- Ensure that the LG G5 device is powered off;
- From the right edge of the device, remove the card tray;
- You can utilize the insertion/removal tool to unlock the tray by inserting it into the provided slot;
- With the gold contacts facing down, insert the memory card into the tray;
- Insert the tray.
Uninstall Unused Apps
There’s a very real possibility that an excess of apps is putting you in this situation, so take action right away. You might like to keep up with the latest apps, but what happens when you get bored by some of them? Let me tell you that they just sit there and waste space, so act responsible:
- Launch the Settings app from your home screen;
- Tap Applications;
- Tap the app you wish to uninstall;
- Tap Uninstall to remove it;
- Clean up your playlist.
Remove large videos
You might love lengthy videos, there’s no shame in that, but remember that they do require a good amount of storage, and the more of them you keep, the more storage space you’re simply giving up on your LG G5. What should you do in such a case? Old habits die hard, I know it too, but you can transfer the videos to your computer, or even upload them to YouTube if they’re not sensitive.
Use Music Streaming Services such as Google Play Music
There are many music lovers out there guilty of loading up their phones with full albums, but is this the wisest thing to do? You already know the answer to that, so don’t hesitate to use some music streaming services as they are much lighter on storage than downloading albums or even singles. Google Play Music is a great example as it has various pre-selected playlists to suit every mood and activity, as well as artist-themed radio stations.
Using these tips, you should be able to increase the amount of free space on your LG G5. Is there anything I have missed? Are you aware of any effective other tips for clearing up LG’s G5 storage space? Let me know down in the comments!