How to Solve your Problem: Custom Recovery is gone
Well, the truth is that flashing a ROM can overwrite your custom recovery, not to mention that many claim that after updating with OTA everything from their root access to custom recovery has just completely disappeared. I know how this sounds, but the key is not to panic. Things like that happen all the time and it is in your power to make a change.
Chances are that one of these two methods will help you solve the problem, so why are you still upset?
This procedure will hopefully help you with your issue, therefore here’s what you have to do:
How to Solve your Problem: Custom Recovery is gone (method 1):
If you have root access:
- You have to install ROM Manager and use it to flash ClockworkMod Recovery or choose to install the TWRP app and use it in order to flash Team Win Recovery Project;
- After following any of these two advices, then be sure of the fact that your custom recovery will work again!
How to Solve your Problem: Custom Recovery is gone (method 2):
If you don’t have root access, rhis is what you have to do:
- First of all, you have to download the TWRP image for your handset;
- Then, you need to save it into the same directory as the ADB / fastboot drivers;
- Up next, just boot into the bootloader;
- Now, you must open the Windows command or Mac terminal and navigate to the direction where the ADB / fastboot drivers are located;
- Execute the following command: fastboot flash recovery filename.img (note that filename.img is the name of the recovery image you downloaded earlier).
At this precise point, the custom recovery should be once again working with no problems, so enjoy it! Did you find this guide interesting? Share it as I am sure that others are in the same situation as you are.