Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 OTA Update on OnePlus 5T
Don’t you want to install the OxygenOS 4.7.4 OTA update on OnePlus 5T? In case of not already knowing it, this comes with the Nougat 7.1.1 Based Version, so that’s why all people are so excited. After all, we are talking about optimizations for audio from speaker and earphones, as well as for face unlock, optimizations for vibration, improved stability of fingerprint and GPS, Wi-Fi battery usage optimization, improvements in photo quality, along with various bug fixes and system stability improvements for your handset.
Yes, you can also wait for the over-the-air update, but where’s the fun in that? Let’s waste no more time with the talking as here you can find the detailed instructions of getting the latest OnePlus 5T OxygenOS 4.7.4 OTA. Yes, you can now take the OxygenOS 4.7.4 OTA update thanks to XDA recognized contributor Funk Wizard and install it on our device right away.
As a reminder:
- This procedure will not erase your data, but my suggestion remains unchanged even in such conditions – you have to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed;
- Ensure that your handset is indeed charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 OTA Update on OnePlus 5T:
- First of all, you have to take the OnePlus 5T OxygenOS 4.7.2 -> 4.7.4 Incremental OTA update;
- Then, you need to transfer the file to the root of your SD card via the original USB cord;
- Up next, you must go to your phone and then, find your way into Settings -> System updates;
- In System Updates, you have to click on the Gear icon seen on the top-right corner. This open the Settings of System updates;
- At this point, you have to click on “Local Upgrade” in Settings;
- There you will find the OTA zip file which was downloaded and moved to the root folder on your SD card, so click on it;
- Up next, you will get a popup to ask if you want to upgrade to the latest OTA update;
- Then click on Upgrade Now and your device will reboot after the update has been installed and you will be upgraded to the latest OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T.
That’s it. Enjoy your OnePlus 5T with this sweet update and let me know if you need any further help.