Get Android 8.1 Oreo Based Pixel Experience ROM on your Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi’s Pocophone F1 made quite an impression at its official reveal over a month ago. It’s a device packed with high-end hardware, but it is currently starting at just Php17,990, so that’s a surprise indeed! In the first flash sale, Xiaomi claims to have sold more than 100000 units of Poco F1 in a single day.
You won’t regret buying this device (not even for a second), I am sure of that, but can you imagine the Pocophone F1 with stock Android? Wouldn’t it be great? That’s what developers want to do with the introduction of the Pixel Experience.
Well, the Pixel Experience ROM is popular in the Android community because it has one of the most active developments. This ROM has all the components a Pixel OS would have, including the launcher, the apps, or even the ringtones and wallpapers and excepting the IR camera, pretty much everything else such as WifiMobile data, GPS, Camera, Camcorder, Bluetooth, Fingerprint reader, VoLTE, RIL and more is working as it should. Even more, you can also enjoy a few additional customization options.
In this case, the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Pixel Experience ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and we can only hope to see an update to Android 9 Pie in the near future.
- The phone should have TWRP installed;
- Charge your device more than 70%, just to know for sure that no accidents could happen;
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Developer Options;
- Backup your Poco F1 as flashing a custom ROM could easily result into the loss of your data and you don’t want that to happen.
Remember that Pixel Experience ROMs already come with GApps pre-installed so you don’t need to flash them separately. Here’s what you must do instead:
How to Get Android 8.1 Oreo Based Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1:
- At first, download the Pixel Experience ROM;
- Move the downloaded zip to the internal storage on your Poco F1;
- Now, you must power off your device;
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Power on the device again using the Power button. Release the keys when the Mi logo appears on your screen. You should see the TWRP splash screen right away;
- It is wise to create a complete NANDroid backup of your current ROM, just to be on the safe side, so select Backup from the main menu and then select all the partitions that you want to back up. Swipe at the bottom and the backup process will begin;
- Up next, select Wipe > Advanced wipe and then select the cache, system and data partitions;
- Don’t forget to swipe at the bottom to wipe them clean;
- Now, it’s time to select the “Install” option from the TWRP main screen;
- Navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the Pixel Experience .zip file;
- You must select the Pixel Experience ROM Zip file and then “Swipe to confirm” the flash. It could take 5-10 minutes to install the ROM, so have patience;
- Once complete, you need to select “Reboot to System.” Once again, it will take some time to boot for the first time.